New Zealand Immigration - Immigration Consultants - Migrant Networking - Settlement Support

New Zealand Working Holiday Visa

Working Holiday Visa Scheme

If you would like to take an extended holiday (up to 12 months) in New Zealand, and would like to fund that trip with casual work, you may apply for a working holiday visa. These visas are only granted to people aged between 18 and 30 years old. Eligibility requirements are the aforementioned age limits, you must also provide evidence of your ability to leave New Zealand at the end of your stay, with either a return plane ticket or evidence of funds to purchase one. In addition, you must also provide evidence of NZ$4200 for your living expenses.

You may only work for one employer for a maximum of 3 months, at which point you must move on. If you would like to continue working for that employer, you must apply for a Work Permit, which holds its own conditions. See section ’Work Visas/Permits’ in the Visa List.