Thread: applying for permit through partner after decline of previous application

LoveNzLove is offline Junior Member

Question applying for permit through partner after decline of previous application

Heya All,
    Was hoping to get some advice, here is my situation in brief:

*had work permit for 2 years but company went under
    *got new job and change of conditions but only for a few months as it is no longer a skilled field
    *applied for residency and had it declined due to lack of degree/years in field
    *never mentioned my partner in applications as I didnt want to depend on him incase we ever split
    *now however feel the only way i could stay is to gain visa through him

here are my questions:

*what evidence do i provide immigration. I can prove that we live together (bank statements etc to same address) share time together (photo's and tickets etc of things weve done) are acknowledge as together by family (xmas cards addressed to both by my mother) but is there anything more that i will need to do considering my situation so that immigration can see we are genuine.What would you suggest i supply?

*is it worth having family in NZ (auntie) and my employer write supporting documents? Or will it be seen as trivial under this field of application.

*am i correct in my assumption that after 12months of living together in a stable relationship (which isn't far away) I can apply for residency?

Thank you kindly for your time and help!! Any is appreciated!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi LoveNZLove, welcome.

Have you seen this yet? To apply for this type of work permit, you don't need to have lived together for 12 months. It just gives you the opportunity to do so until you are able to apply for residence under partnership.

If you have been in this relationship for less than a year, initially we can only grant you a work visa or permit for up to 12 months. Once you are here, you can apply for further work permits for a total stay of up to two years from your arrival, if:

* you and your partner want to stay longer in New Zealand and can show us that you are still in a genuine and stable relationship, or
    * you apply for residence as a partner.

They write as though you are applying from outside NZ but I would think, if you are already inside the country, you would still be able to apply for this.

I guess supplying letters of support from your auntie or employer might be of some benefit if they can write regarding your relationship but you really only need 2 or 3 pieces of evidence to back up your relationship claim and it sounds like you already have some relevant documents.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.