Thread: work visa helath issue PR help ADVICE ME

maw
    maw is offline Junior Member

Unhappy work visa helath issue PR help ADVICE ME

Hi I came to nz a year ago and found work and while working had a work injury the medice thecompany dr gave lead me to near and almost died and spent 4 weeks in hospital with the flesh eating bug (necrotizing faciitis) now after three months i am reasonably fit to work work place is saying they cant take measlight duty and next month my work permit expires and they are not yet giving me the newcontract and my PR is processing with the INZ what can i do ??? plzzz helppp drs called my family and they are also hear i have a son of four years what can WE do ?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Maw, welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your accident. How long since you submitted your application for PR? If it is quite far along and a decision might come soon, perhaps it would be worth you applying for a visit visa so you can stay in NZ until you get PR. This, of course, would be if your employer doesn't renew your contract. You cannot stay in NZ without a valid permit. Perhaps it would be difficult for you to stay in NZ and not work but, if you don't get another work permit or another kind of permit, you would have to return to your home country.

If you really think your employer won't renew your contract, and it looks like he may not, perhaps you could think about looking for another job that is not so bad for your health. If you got a new offer, you could get a work permit with the new company.

These are just a couple of ideas for you to think about, as we aren't allowed to give 'advice' now because the regulations have changed. Good luck.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

maw
    maw is offline Junior Member

Default thank you

thank you mother bear I applied for the residece only last month my health issue came from a drug which was prescribed to me is there is any way to get a visa on health grounds because the dr s drug worked on other way ACC is pending for work place compansation and treatment injury

thing is if i get back to my country i will be dead if i get this bug again thats because it can come at anytime we dont have this bug in my country

and idont have any money left here or back in home land i paid a huge sum for my agent to make the better life dream come through

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

If you only applied for PR last month, it could be many months before it comes through depending how many points you claimed (the more points you have, the quicker it should be granted). Even if you got a visitor permit so you could stay in NZ I doubt it would be valid long enough for your PR to be granted. Sometimes they will extend a visit permit if you are close to having your PR but I wouldn't like to say they would do it for several months. Maybe that only leaves you with the option of looking for another job if you think your current employer will not keep you. If you haven't found another job by the time your work permit finishes, you must make sure that you are covered by another visa, which, in your case, would be a visit permit. This would give you some time to continue your job search.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.