Thread: Work Visa after ITA lodged

nab054371 is offline Junior Member

Default Work Visa after ITA lodged

Hi,

I am an American working out of Middle East.I have turned in my ITA to NZIS Beijing earlier this month. Since then I have been offered a job in NZ. I have decided to apply for a work visa under Essential Skills policy since NZIS Beijing is known to be notoriously slow even when it comes to processing PR's with job offers and my employer expects me to join asap.Now I have a couple of questions:

1) Following my move to NZ, would they move my PR processing center from Beijing to a local office in NZ?
    2) Would they treat my PR application as one with a job offer and expedite processing? If yes, would they then bind me to my employer for 3 months following the issuance of PR?

thanks

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nab054371 View Post
    Hi,

I am an American working out of Middle East.I have turned in my ITA to NZIS Beijing earlier this month. Since then I have been offered a job in NZ. I have decided to apply for a work visa under Essential Skills policy since NZIS Beijing is known to be notoriously slow even when it comes to processing PR's with job offers and my employer expects me to join asap.Now I have a couple of questions:

1) Following my move to NZ, would they move my PR processing center from Beijing to a local office in NZ?
    2) Would they treat my PR application as one with a job offer and expedite processing? If yes, would they then bind me to my employer for 3 months following the issuance of PR?

thanks
    Hi Nab, welcome to MTNZ.

If you have been offered a job since you submitted your application, you are free to let INZ know this and, hopefully, it should hurry things up a bit. If you move to NZ (or anywhere else), you should also notify INZ about your change of location and they should shift your file to your local branch in NZ.

I'm puzzled about why your application has gone to Beijing when I thought those from the Middle East automatically went to Bangkok. I am interested because we are also in the Middle East and will be submitting an application in the near future. I don't think I'd be too happy to find out our application has to go to Beijing now.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

nab054371 is offline Junior Member

Hi MotherBear-

Well my EOI was assigned to Bangkok, however I was asked to file my ITA with Beijing. Would you happen to know the answer to my second question? Appreciate your response anyway.

thanks

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nab054371 View Post
    Would you happen to know the answer to my second question?
    Sorry, I forgot the last bit.

If you claimed points for a job offer, you will need to stay in that job for a minimum of 3 months. If you didn't claim points then you don't have to stay with that employer. As I mentioned above, if you let INZ know that you have a job offer, they should expedite but, if Beijing are slow anyway, I wouldn't like to say how much quicker they would be.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.