Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something to add...

KittyWu is offline Member

Default Something to add...

Oh I just posted a new thread just now,but I forgot to add this. If I cant apply for the work permit under partnership(situation was explained in my last thread). I have an interview 2 weeks from now which was arranged by friend. If I got a job offer from the company,they will give me a job offer,then can I just apply for the work permit by myself? For example,the company can make conditional items in the contract "you can start your job once you get your work permit...etc."( to explain,this is a real job,my friend's boss is interested to see me and give me an interview in 2 weeks)

But then I read other threads from other friends here,it seems applying for the work permit by ourselves even though we have a genuin Job Offer is very very difficult.Because we will need to prove no kiwi people can do the job?Also the company need to advertise this job in all newspapers???Gosh,that is hard. Then I contacted some immigration consultants down Queen St. He said if I have the Job Offer,he can handle the work permit,should I use them?But gosh,he charges a lot of money,I am so sad,it is really a rip off,he charges $10,000 for a work permit. He even asked me to go to see him in his office to make an agreement next week,said his company has a job for me,but for the job he charges $2000. What should I do? Please help me and give me suggestions. I need your help.

I hope I can figure out my work permit and my job before my visitor's visa expires( june 4,2010)

Kitty

tortola is offline Junior Member

Default no agent

kitty , you don`t need any agent, you can do it yourself, trust me! Forget about the job offer. If your boyfriend is here on a work permit, student permit or residence permit you can apply for a work permit under partnership policy. You will call at their office and they might tell you it takes 40 days, but I just applied on the 30`th of NOV and my permit was aproved on the 9`th. It took only 10 days. Altogheather to put you aplication in you shouldn`t spen more than 7-800NZ $. also be aware of looking for a job while on a visitor`s permit...from what I know of, it is ILEGAL to do that until you have you working visa. Depends what permit are you here on. Relax and do it all yourself. Go in henderson,MAnuaku or at any other Auckland branch and get the forms, fill them in, get your medical done, have 4-5 passport pictures ready for the form and that`s it. Once you start filling in the forms , fi you have doubts just write to us or call at the Immigration. They are actually helpufull. They will try to be short and won`t chat with you for to long, but they are helpfull, that`s their job! You will do just fine, apply under Partenrship policy. Also it would be a good ideea to get a joint bank account as proof of a " genuine and stable relationship".

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tortola View Post
    ... also be aware of looking for a job while on a visitor`s permit...from what I know of, it is ILEGAL to do that until you have you working visa.
    Can I clarify that you can look for work on a visit permit, (just don't make it obvious because visit permits are for visiting ) but you can't work on one. To be able to apply for a work permit you first need a job offer - you can't normally get a work permit without a job offer unless you apply under something like the Family (Partner) Category or your partner holds a work permit. If you are applying without support from someone else, you would need a job offer first.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

steinbock is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by KittyWu View Post
    he charges $10,000 for a work permit. He even asked me to go to see him in his office to make an agreement next week,said his company has a job for me,but for the job he charges $2000.
    It's a golden rule: NEVER EVER PAY FOR THE JOB!!!

And I will rather not comment the fee for work permit.

It seems you look easy prey for this agent and he may do nothing more than just charge you rather than settle anything. So keep away from him and do as tortola suggested.

Default Give suggestions in applying for work permit under partnership...

Dear Tortola and everyone else,

Thank you for your prompt and helpful reply. Let me talk about my partner and this idea of applying for work permit under partnership. My partner is a British and he is a permanant resident in New Zealand for 15 years now. He sponsored me to come here to be with him in the hope of getting married.So I quit my job and welfare in China and came here for a life with him. Luckily,my visitor's visa was issued very fast(I got it within 2 months) in China,so I arrived in New Zealand on Oct.23. Now I have been in Auckland for 18 days now. I like it very much. My partner asked me to go to immigration to consult what he need to do to help me with the work permit.Then I went there already yesterday and I got all the forms and information regarding how much and how long it takes me to get the work permit under partnership. I went home and I told him about that excitedly,he asked me to go back again and asked them what are his obligations to sponsor me for the work permit.I felt he got some problems but really not sure what is in his head and I am now stuck in this country. I said,"maybe you can take 5 mins to go there to ask them what you want to know, because I dont understand why you ask them these questions anyway." He said no,he wanted me to go back to ask,he wanted to know what his obligations would be if he sponsored me, and asked me to ask them what would happen to him if he sponsored me but then we break up,my god. I said why asked them this,he said because we are living in a real world. He said if he sponsored me,it will be for 2 years,what if we break up in these 2 years,will he be responsible for anything? Then he asked me to go ask immigration and if they said no,then ask immigration to prove by writing him an email or letter saying "you are not responsible for anything if later on you guys break up." things like that. He said he heard from a friend who sponsored a Japanese girl,the girl got sick and the guy had to pay a lot for her medical fees. Maybe he has been checking out a lot of things like this recently which shocked me a lot.

I havent gone back to immigration to ask them questions that my partner requested me to ask yet, I want to hear your suggestions first.I think he has second thought about our relationship and second thought of supporting me with the work permit. I simply want to be independent and not be his burden, after I am independent,I can make contributions to his home,his house,etc. I am helping him...

He asked me to go back to immigration,I told him I asked them,they gave the forms for you to fill and me to fill for work permit.He said go back and ask again,and said if immigration can write him a letter or email saying that he has no responsiblities for this sponsorship if we break up within the next two years(since the work permit is going to be 2 years),then he will sponsor me right away.

So I am waiting for your replies then I will know what I will need to do. I feel bad to go back to ask immigration the questions that he wants me to confirm, I think it is very weird,but he said we are living in a real world, of course ask them, so should I go back again? What should I really ask immigration?

Waiting for your replies..

Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by tortola View Post
    kitty , you don`t need any agent, you can do it yourself, trust me! Forget about the job offer. If your boyfriend is here on a work permit, student permit or residence permit you can apply for a work permit under partnership policy. You will call at their office and they might tell you it takes 40 days, but I just applied on the 30`th of NOV and my permit was aproved on the 9`th. It took only 10 days. Altogheather to put you aplication in you shouldn`t spen more than 7-800NZ $. also be aware of looking for a job while on a visitor`s permit...from what I know of, it is ILEGAL to do that until you have you working visa. Depends what permit are you here on. Relax and do it all yourself. Go in henderson,MAnuaku or at any other Auckland branch and get the forms, fill them in, get your medical done, have 4-5 passport pictures ready for the form and that`s it. Once you start filling in the forms , fi you have doubts just write to us or call at the Immigration. They are actually helpufull. They will try to be short and won`t chat with you for to long, but they are helpfull, that`s their job! You will do just fine, apply under Partenrship policy. Also it would be a good ideea to get a joint bank account as proof of a " genuine and stable relationship".

Default Job Offer

Dear MotherBear,

Thank you for your reply.I went to immigration office yesterday already.And got the forms for my partner to fill in.He asked me to go back to immigration to ask them what are his obligations to sponsor me if we break up in the next two years(since my work permit is going to be 2 years).Should I really go back to immigration to ask them these odd questions? I kindly asked him to go by himself and ask whatever he wants to know,he said NO. He also wants me to ask immigration to write him a letter or email proving that he has no obligations for the sponsorship. Should I really go there to ask them these questions that my bf wants to know?

I also have to start to look for a job and hopefully I get a job offer,so that I can also apply for a work permit right? I have an interview 9 days from now.

I hope to hear from you soon

Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    Can I clarify that you can look for work on a visit permit, (just don't make it obvious because visit permits are for visiting ) but you can't work on one. To be able to apply for a work permit you first need a job offer - you can't normally get a work permit without a job offer unless you apply under something like the Family (Partner) Category or your partner holds a work permit. If you are applying without support from someone else, you would need a job offer first.

tortola is offline Junior Member

Default 12 months

by the way they will only give you a 12 months working permit first time. That is from the moment you eneterd the conutry. So it will be valid until 23 October 2010.

steinbock is offline Member

Dear Kitty

I don't want to be harsh, but I have a feeling that your "partner" has lost some interest in you. I truly hope your relationship is not only internet based and you haven't met first in person 18 days ago. You cannot know one person in a couple of months even if you are living together but I can say I would never require such actions from somebody I love as he does from you. Indeed, it sound quite strange and I have a feeling (I may be wrong) that he is older than you.

I would give you following advice:
    - talk to him to see where you are, if he considers breaking up already then it is very likely he will do so soon (maybe you are not the only one in the game ), so clear up with him;
    - If I were you, I would search other options such as tortola suggested in other thread. See if you are eligibleto secure PR yourself, you have almost 9 months to go and with a job (offer) which you say is likely to happen within a couple of days you may go your own route.

Good luck and all the best!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KittyWu View Post
    He also wants me to ask immigration to write him a letter or email proving that he has no obligations for the sponsorship.
    I think he DOES have obligations as your sponsor. This refers to the Family Category, but I imagine the undertakings for other sponsors are very similar, if not the same.

F6.30 Undertakings of sponsors

A sponsor must undertake:

1. to ensure that adequate accommodation in New Zealand is and continues to be available for their relatives; and
    2. to provide accommodation during the first 24 months of their relatives' residence in New Zealand if necessary; and
    3. to provide financial support during the first 24 months of their relatives' residence in New Zealand if necessary, and
    4. to repay to the Crown any costs to the Crown which result from their failure to meet their obligations as a sponsor and acknowledge that if those costs are incurred they become a debt due to the Crown.

In your application you will need to prove a stable and genuine relationship but, if your partner is already looking ahead and wondering what effect breaking up the relationship will have on HIM, I would be concerned like Steinbock. This is not a good attitude to present to INZ and, if he wants you to approach them to ask what happens if the relationship fails, I'm sure they will think the relationship is not so 'stable and genuine' if he needs to ask this. To ask for a letter stating that he has no legal responsibility for you if he sponsors you would only make matters worse and I wonder if they would allow him to act as your sponsor.

From what you say about his reluctance to help out with this matter and the fact that he is trying to cover his back if something goes wrong, he sounds like he just wants to look after his own interests - not a good sign in a relationship. Have you only spent time together since you arrived in NZ or have you been together (in person, that is) before this time?

If I was in your position I think I would be looking out for myself and try to put things in place that will help if the relationship goes wrong. If you are able to apply for PR yourself, that may be a better option because then you have residency in your own right and don't have to depend on this guy. He sounds the kind of guy who might, in the future, keep reminding you that he did you a big favour by sponsoring you and he might hold this over your head. At least if you have your own residency and job you will have some security if the worst happens and you can stand on your own feet.

Rather than being a partner who is seriously looking to offload his girlfriend, he may just be a lazy, suspicious guy who wants to make sure he isn't going to have to deal with stuff that he doesn't want to bother with and can't be bothered to put any effort into helping you. Either way, he doesn't come across as being someone who has YOUR interests at heart - he is only thinking of himself. It's not like you have been with him for a long time and he is getting bored. You have only been there 18 days and, so far, his behaviour isn't very caring.

Tread carefully and look out for yourself. If things work out well that is good, but, if they don't, at least you will be prepared.

Good luck with your job interview.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default Story

Hi Steinbock,

Thank you for your nice advice. Yes,you are so right,since I arrived here,he changed. We didnt meet on the internet,I've never just come form someone who I met on the internet,You are right,he lied his age to me,we met in Shenzhen,China,I got a nice job and good life there.He lied to me about his age,he told me he was 41,but actually he was 48,we met 8 months ago the first time in Shenzhen,he told me he fell in love with me,I also felt the same. He played soccer and liked sports,so he doesnt really look old,but still when he told me he was 41,I wasnt sure,but I always thought people were honest,I thought since he said he was 41,so I trusted him, but now I know he always lied to girls about his age. He also flew to my hometown,Hainan to visit my family 2 times, my parents and my sister liked him very much too. Then he flew again to HK to lodge my application to come here.We applied for it in july and I got the visa quick within two months, then I arrived here on Oct. 23. But then he is not the one that I used to know. I am very sad. But he wanted to marry me and the plan was I got here,we got married and we started a new life together. He made me quit my job in China,my life,even my welfare there. You know In china,like every other country, once we started to work after graduation from univ. the companies paid our welfare,I already worked for 8 years,if i continue to work for the next 7 years, then i can retire and get the money from my government. but this guy made me quit all this,he said,"kitty,you wont live in china,why do you need that? you will be in the west."

I am writing my story here to let other people know we really got to be careful about relationship based on a long distance. He has been terrible to me since I arrived and wouldnt give me basic help for me to start my life here since I am already here and he made me quit so many things in my home country.He is British but permanant resident here for 15 years.

I am moving into a new place today. I want to fly back home tomorrow,but I said,"wait,what do i still get in china? I quit my welfare,i will also need to have a hard new start there.Since I am here,I should at least try."

So I need to start researching how I can get work permit or residency by myself then.

Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by steinbock View Post
    Dear Kitty

I don't want to be harsh, but I have a feeling that your "partner" has lost some interest in you. I truly hope your relationship is not only internet based and you haven't met first in person 18 days ago. You cannot know one person in a couple of months even if you are living together but I can say I would never require such actions from somebody I love as he does from you. Indeed, it sound quite strange and I have a feeling (I may be wrong) that he is older than you.

I would give you following advice:
    - talk to him to see where you are, if he considers breaking up already then it is very likely he will do so soon (maybe you are not the only one in the game ), so clear up with him;
    - If I were you, I would search other options such as tortola suggested in other thread. See if you are eligibleto secure PR yourself, you have almost 9 months to go and with a job (offer) which you say is likely to happen within a couple of days you may go your own route.

Good luck and all the best!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast