Thread: graduate Job search Visa?

gogarock is offline Junior Member

Default graduate Job search Visa?

if i study level 7 graduate diploma in Computing can i got graduate Job search Visa?

fastidea1 is offline Member

You get 20 hrs work permit while studying and full time permission to work during school holidays.

after studies you can apply for graduate job search visa within three months of your completion of studies and before expiry of the student visa.

Graduate job search visa is for 1 year and you can work anywhere.

kow
    kow is offline Junior Member

Question

I would like to take a break from my current work in my country. Meanwhile, I am thinking of upgrade my skills and knowledge by taking up the similar course or a Master course from a University in New Zealand. I have two options:

Option 1:
    Enroll directly to Master course

Option 2:
    Enroll to the Postgraduate course first as I am not sure whether I can accustom to the weather in New Zealand. If everything goes well, then I will decide whether to enroll the Master course in the later stage.

Could anyone advice me in the following?

1) Which option is better? And what is the pros and cons for these two options.

2) How long is the student visa for Graduate Certificate / Diploma / Master ?

Hi Gogarock,
    would like to know whether you have manged to get "Graduate Job search Visa".

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kow View Post
    Hi Gogarock,
    would like to know whether you have manged to get "Graduate Job search Visa".
    Welcome to MTNZ Kow. Unfortunately, Gogarock hasn't visited us for quite a long time so you may not get the answer you are looking for. However, let's hope someone else can help you out.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

joli98 is offline Junior Member

Default graduate Job search Visa?

The H-1B is a non-immigrant visa in the United States under the Immigration and Nationality Act, section 101(a)(15)(H). It allows U.S. employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations. If a foreign worker in H-1B status quits or is dismissed from the sponsoring employer, the worker can apply for a change of status to another non-immigrant status, find another employer (subject to application for adjustment of status and/or change of visa), or must leave the US.

kow
    kow is offline Junior Member

MotherBear, Thank for your prompt reply.

Joli98, Thank for your prompt reply. Currently, I am considering of further my study in either Australia or New Zealand as it is near to my home country.

KittyWu is offline Member

Default about one year open work visa after study

Hi there,

I am also searching for related information about my application of my open work visa after study. I have a Bachelor Degree from my home country which has been NZQA'd as Level 7 here in New Zealand,and I am studying for NZIM management L5 diploma, I will finish my course on December 3 and my school told us that we could get our graduation certificate issued by NZQA in Jan. so I can also apply for an open work visa in Feburary or March? Is it garanteed to get a open work visa for 1 year under this study policy? Do I need to consultant to apply for me? Also, I was told once I get this open work visa, once I find a full time job, I can apply for a further 2 year work visa,I was told this is all entitled to me based on my study.

Can anyone confirm please? If you know where I can get information about this or if you know some answers, I will be grateful if you can tell me.

Thanks

Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by fastidea1 View Post
    You get 20 hrs work permit while studying and full time permission to work during school holidays.

after studies you can apply for graduate job search visa within three months of your completion of studies and before expiry of the student visa.

Graduate job search visa is for 1 year and you can work anywhere.