Thread: Visa processing duration-South Africa INZ office

Zenji is offline Member

Default Visa processing duration-South Africa INZ office

Hi,
    I don't know what to do! I got a job offer in April and lodged my application(General Work Visa-job on LTSSL) in the first week of May 2008. Anyone with experience dealing with INZ in South Africa? Its now about nine(9) weeks and still haven't got a Visa. The case officer only says "we are assessing all the information you provided". But am now wondering what this all means! Interestingly, they suggest on the website...nzembassy.com - South Africa/Frequently Asked Questions.. that it takes about three to four weeks to process a Visa but wow....it seems to take forever!
    Good thing is that I didn't book my flight then. Am supposed to start work on 7th July but I guess that will not happen.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

It does sound a long time for a Work Permit. I would have expected it if you had submitted an EOI and were going straight for PR as that can sometimes take ages. Perhaps that particular branch is very busy with applications as I know a lot of SAs are currently applying to get into NZ.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Ruter is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zenji View Post
    Hi,
    I don't know what to do! I got a job offer in April and lodged my application(General Work Visa-job on LTSSL) in the first week of May 2008. Anyone with experience dealing with INZ in South Africa? Its now about nine(9) weeks and still haven't got a Visa. The case officer only says "we are assessing all the information you provided". But am now wondering what this all means! Interestingly, they suggest on the website...nzembassy.com - South Africa/Frequently Asked Questions.. that it takes about three to four weeks to process a Visa but wow....it seems to take forever!
    Good thing is that I didn't book my flight then. Am supposed to start work on 7th July but I guess that will not happen.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Hi Zenji
    Have you had any feedback regarding your General Work Visa yet?
    My husband applied for a General Work Visa and I applied as a partner, on the 25th June.
    It's 33 days since we've applied and the feedback that we've been getting is that they're still busy with verification.
    He has to start work in 21 days. Haven't booked tickets yet because we need the visa stamp, and they have our passports. And the closer we get to that date, the more expensive the flights.

I was under the impression that it'll take 14 days (3 weeks at most) and if they haven't made a decision, they'll let us know how much longer it'll take.

Perhaps they are really busy - but it'll be nice if they could let us know. At least one can try and plan around that, don't you think?

Zenji is offline Member

Default Immigration Office-Pretoria and Delays

Quote Originally Posted by Ruter View Post
    Hi Zenji
    Have you had any feedback regarding your General Work Visa yet?
    My husband applied for a General Work Visa and I applied as a partner, on the 25th June.
    It's 33 days since we've applied and the feedback that we've been getting is that they're still busy with verification.
    He has to start work in 21 days. Haven't booked tickets yet because we need the visa stamp, and they have our passports. And the closer we get to that date, the more expensive the flights.

I was under the impression that it'll take 14 days (3 weeks at most) and if they haven't made a decision, they'll let us know how much longer it'll take.

Perhaps they are really busy - but it'll be nice if they could let us know. At least one can try and plan around that, don't you think?
    Hi,
    I actually thought I was the only one in this dilema. Anyway, I lodged my application on 5th May 2008 and as of today 29th July 2008 I still haven't got the visa. Its that bad. I wonder if this happens at all the immigration offices or just the pretoria branch.
    The communication I got was ''we are still busy with verification'' for quite along time. Its recently that I have been told they are now finalizing. Its now 13 weeks since I lodged my application so maybe you can use this to estimate when yours will be ready. Am still waiting though.
    Meanwhile just keep in touch with your employer and hopefully he will understand and allow that you change the starting date. I was initially expected to start work in early July but with the visa delay everything changed. Am yet to set a new date with my employer.
    As for the ticket, well it all depends on the visa. I also cannot book one because am not even sure when I will finally get that visa.
    Just be patient. I have actually resorted to keeping myself busy doing other things so as to avoid thinking about the visa.
    I guess everything will be just fine. Remember, No news is good news!
    Cheers,
    Zenji

Zenji is offline Member

Hi,
    Good news indeed! I have been granted the visa!
    Zenji

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I've replied on another post but ......
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.