Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if Your Employer is NOT Accredited?

CornwallDave is offline Junior Member

Default What if Your Employer is NOT Accredited?

Why is it all so confusing? No, that's not my real question.

Supported by advice in these wonderful forums, I am planning to re-visit NZ as if on holiday, then get a job in person. I doubt I will secure an offer while in the UK.

My next puzzlement is - must my employer be in the accredited list, in order for me to secure permanent residency later? If the company is not accredited, is this wasting time? There seems to be only one accredited employer in my field (web design) so I will be in huge difficulties if so.

Or, does this dictate the routes you follow later? Maybe if your employer is accredited you can go down some fast track route (is that WTR?); and if not accredited, you are in the 2 year slow lane (is that PR)?

I am determined to emigrate to NZ, with my family. I only have 100 points. I thought I had more but lost 15 when INZ (quite correctly) noticed that my qualification was NOT relevant to my work experience. This may be useful tip for other applicants: I was hoping that by having a good recognised degree, that itself would count as showing "this chap can use his head" and hence would be useful in NZ; but no, the degree must relate to your current work and experience.
    Tried EOI route Jan 2008, failed.
    Going job-hunting for web-development in Auckland, August 2008
    Got a job. Wahey. Nov 2008
    Got residence for family in Feb 2010.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi Dave,

Welcome back to the forum

The short (and good) answer is NO, your employer does not need to be accredited for you to gain PR! I'm also a web developer (among other things these days ) and the company I worked for when we gained PR was just a small design company.

Why is it so confusing? To make wonderful forums like this a possibility, of course!!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CornwallDave View Post
    Why is it all so confusing?
    That's why I started this thread that no one seems to have responded to. It IS confusing but needn't be if things were put in order and simplified. Either folks are quite happy with the INZ sites or I've frightened them off.

You would need to have an accredited employer if you wanted to follow the WTR route. If you get a job offer to gain extra points for PR, then you would have to work for that employer for a minimum of 3 months before you could look for anything else (if you wanted to), but there's no restriction on it needing to be an accredited employer, as Taffy says.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default Accreditation (not): What a relief

Hey Taffy and MotherBear: Thanks very much for such a good (and amazingly prompt) reply. That's quite a relief to know that going through the LTSSL route, accreditation is practically irrelevant.

And on the side-issue: I never find much satisfaction with the INZ site. Apart from it being just tolerably slow, it seems bewildering. Facts are spread over a wide radious. When I want real answers I come here. You'd think that INZ could organise it better and condense the substance into smaller text, given that it is their fulltime job. It seems silly that you guys know so much more and, amazingly, are willing to devote your time to all these answers. You must have no other life(!) than these forums. How do you know so much, if it's not too personal a question to ask?

Thanks again.

Blog Entries

It seems silly that you guys know so much more and, amazingly, are willing to devote your time to all these answers. You must have no other life(!) than these forums. How do you know so much, if it's not too personal a question to ask?

Thanks again.
    Speaking only for myself, no, I don't seem to have any other life . I must remind myself to get one . But then there's not too much one can do in a hot and sweaty climate like Oman's so it passes the time brilliantly.

Again, personally speaking, I don't 'know so much' at all, it just takes hours and hours of research that anyone could do if they only had the time and patience. This is why I get so annoyed with sites like INZ that are overly complicated when they could easily be tidied up and simplified, but, there again, if it was so much easier there wouldn't be any need for forums like this.

It is nice to be appreciated though.
    Mother Bear

keeweegal is offline Kosher Kiwi
    Blog Entries

And on the side-issue: I never find much satisfaction with the INZ site. Apart from it being just tolerably slow, it seems bewildering. Facts are spread over a wide radious. When I want real answers I come here.

Hi Dave

You're right - these guys know all there is to know - well probably!

If you get a chance, you might like to reply to MB's thread here

KG
    Inside me is a skinny woman crying to get out but I can usually shut her up with cake!

BabyPom is offline Junior Member

Smile

Hi Dave

I too find INZ website a complete nightmare to use, I tend to open several tabs in Firefox so at least I can multi-view pages of linked info! Mind you, I first looked at it about 4 years ago and it was a LOT worse then...

We went to the Exp08 last weekend and were given the impression by an INZ employee that your qualification, work experience and job offer didn't have to be related, in fact, I asked that direct question and was told they didn't have to be so it's quite enlightening to find you saying they do have to be. Why do we have to get contradictory information all the time (as well as the confusing website).

Good luck with your quest and I'm guessing from your username that you're not far in mileage from us in Devon...?

Jane

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BabyPom View Post
    We went to the Exp08 last weekend and were given the impression by an INZ employee that your qualification, work experience and job offer didn't have to be related, in fact, I asked that direct question and was told they didn't have to be so it's quite enlightening to find you saying they do have to be. Why do we have to get contradictory information all the time (as well as the confusing website).
    Quals and work experience need to be related if you're claiming points for both of them. I think the job offer has to be related because that's what they want you there for - to use your skills, that is .

Jeez, I hate answering questions at bedtime. Mind goes totally blank . I'll try and dig up something tomorrow when my brain has had its beauty sleep.
    Mother Bear

Hi BabyPom: You guessed more correctly than you know: we moved from Cornwall to 5 miles north of Exeter, we're practically on your doorstep. I hope that doesn't sound too creepy.
    We're awaiting the sale of our house in Cornwall; it's taken a year, and in the very final stages so we are told. Then in the summer I take the plunge and go job hunting in person, shiver me timbers, with family to follow if/when its successful.

rahaman is offline Junior Member

Default WTR question

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    That's why I started this thread that no one seems to have responded to. It IS confusing but needn't be if things were put in order and simplified. Either folks are quite happy with the INZ sites or I've frightened them off.

You would need to have an accredited employer if you wanted to follow the WTR route. If you get a job offer to gain extra points for PR, then you would have to work for that employer for a minimum of 3 months before you could look for anything else (if you wanted to), but there's no restriction on it needing to be an accredited employer, as Taffy says.
    My situation is somehow difficult. I have processed my PR ,a year back thru a cosultant who charged me huge amount. but i got reply from my Visa officer that i have been approved WTR . but my question is
    1. Do i need to submit the WTR application separately ?
    2. If so ,then do i need to submit all documents again which was already submitted for PR ?
    3. Bcoz my cosultant asked me to pay again his professional charges to process WTR. i don't understand why he is asking me again, as i have already paid amount for PR, still he needs money to process wWTR . why?
    4. ok if i process WTR myself, will it affect my applicatio process?
    5. if i got blue sticker stamped, then while in new zealand, is it a must to work under accredited employee or any employee relevant to my field. ( i am an IT professional have exp in Java/.Net/Vb/ASP/PHP.
    6. how easy is to get job in nz after reaching.

pls reply anyone had this same situation like me..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast