Thread: Need Help

gk-bgh is offline Junior Member

Default Need Help

Im planning going to NZ to live and work. Initially i thought of going as a english student, see if i can get a job offer and apply for a work permit as skilled migrant.
    I have a bachelor degree in computer science and certifications from the industry. I also have 2 years of work experience. In the long term shortage list it says as a requirement a degree AND 3 years work experience.

If i have a job offer will i be able to get the permit or i must have the 3 years of work experience to get it?

I have looked at the WHV and it seems to me that its way easier to get..much less requirements....am i wrong? Just passport info and x-rays?

I have seen another post from a teacher and other people stating its hard to get a job in NZ. I would like to hear from people in IT how long they took to get a job...

regards and thanks in advance.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

and welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by gk-bgh View Post
    I have looked at the WHV and it seems to me that its way easier to get..much less requirements....am i wrong? Just passport info and x-rays?
    If you're from Brazil, I don't think they have a WHV scheme running. It's not mentioned in here so it may not be an option.

If it says on the INZ site that you would need 3 years work experience, I guess maybe you would, to qualify under that particular scheme. If you could get a job offer and apply for a Work Permit you could perhaps get in under the Work to Residence Category but it says you'd need to work in NZ for 2 years before you would get residency. Here's a Quick Check . Alternatively you could apply for a temporary Work Permit and when you have worked long enough to make up your 3 years work experience, put in an application for PR.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

gk-bgh is offline Junior Member

Thank you MotherBear, thank you.

I cant figure out which is the better work permit for me. Can you help me out?

I have a Bacharel in Computer Science , work in the IT industry for 2 years and im also certified by Sun. Im planning coming to NZ next year so i will have 30 years. Can you help me out?

regards