Thread: Do i have a chance to get WP?

gummibear is offline Junior Member

Default Do i have a chance to get WP?

Hello everyone,

I got a visitor visa and would like to stay longer in NZ to get Work Visa Under Partnership. I would like to and everyone who had expirience :
    1) Can i got Work Permit before i got Work Visa Under Partnership?
    2) I got citificate in Tourism, in Thailand. I had experience in hotel and travel agen about 2 months in each place. If i got a job offer from hotel in NZ is it possible for me to get WP?
    3) Is it importance that a job offer must to relate with jobs skill in immigration ?

thank you for all advise.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure why INZ refused you a Work Permit under the Partnership Policy and gave you a Visit Visa instead.

You can get a Work Permit if you have skills that NZ wants, you are suitably qualified and also have a job offer. I'm not clear what kind of certificate you have from Thailand. I think INZ is looking more for people who have a degree from a university rather than just a certificate and those who have more work experience than 4 months. Have a look on here to check whether you think you could apply for a WP.

One alternative if you want to work while you are in NZ and you are 30 years old or less, is to apply for a Working Holiday Visa . You would only be able to work for some of the time on this visa because it is mainly meant to be for holidaying in NZ but it might give you long enough in the country to qualify for your 12 months with your partner.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.