Thread: Work pemit-Help

ricky_88 is offline Junior Member

Default Work pemit-Help

Hi,

This is Ricky here,

Well I am planning to come to NZ in March on a visit visa and then would like to apply for a work visa or work permit (not sure what is the difference between work permit and work visa),

So I would like to know that when I apply for a work permit how many days it will take to get stamped in Passport.

Please let me know,

Ricky.

Gio
    Gio is offline Junior Member

HI RICKY, IT'S JORDAN FROM ITALY... I TOO AM GOING THRU A VISITOR VISA IN APRIL, AND ONCE YOU GOT A GOOD JOB OFFER AND ALL OTHER PAPERWORKS DONE, AS QUALIFICATIONS, POLICE AND MEDICAL CERTS, THEN USUALLY THEY ISSUE A WORK PERMIT IN ABOUT 3 WEEKS... I'VE HEARD PEOPLE OBTAINING IT IN A WEEK THOUGH!

AS FOR THE REST, I BELIEVE THAT A WORK PERMIT IS ISSUED TO BE ABLE TO WORK WITHIN NZ, AND A WORK VISA LET YOU TRAVEL OUTSIDE NZ UNDER A WORK PERMIT.

I'LL BE IN AUCKLAND FROM 12TH APRIL.... IF YOU WANT TO... STAY IN TOUCH!
    GREETINGS
    Jordan

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

A work visa is issued if you apply from outside NZ. Once you enter NZ it's converted into a work permit. Also if you apply from inside NZ you will get a work permit.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

ricky_88 is offline Junior Member

Default Work permit--help

Hi,

Thanks a lot Mother Bear and Gio...

Well I want to come to NZ on a visit visa and will take some interviews in NZ and will go for the work permit,

Please let me know:

1) How I will get the police clearance from NZ as I belong to different country, please throw some light on this process (Work permit).

2) Is the work permit is sponsored by Employer or Consultancy or I need handle on my own?

3) The cheap and safer accommodation in Auckland?

Gio, sure I would like to meet you in Auckland, let me know your e mail id so that I will be in touch with you, by the bye what type of job you are looking for?

Thank you,

Ricky.

Blog Entries

If you click on the initial letter of your country on here it should take you to instructions on how to make your application for a police certificate.

You can apply for your own Work Permit but you will need a job offer and confirmation of this to show to INZ before you do it.

You can look for somewhere to stay on such websites as AA Travel
    Accommodation NZ
    Asia Rooms
    Aspen House, Auckland
    Motel accommodation
    City Life, Auckland
    Jason's (site was down when I checked the link)
    Moana Vista, Auckland

Perhaps some folks on here might have some personal recommendations.
    Mother Bear

panasonic-service is offline Junior Member

Default job offer

Hi
    I am Saso from macedonia.I really want to move in NZ but it is very hard for that with a family.If i get a job offer from some firm from there Can i take my family with me?That is first question.
    second:How can I get job offer fast,I am working now with Panasonic telecomunicationsbut I have skills in many tecnicals areas.
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Hi Saso and welcome.

If you have the right skills, qualifications and work experience to apply for permanent residency or a work permit, you would be able to take your family to NZ. But, firstly, you need to decide how you are going to get into NZ long term. By that I mean which visa category you hope to apply under. Getting a job offer is a very good start, but you will need relevant qualifications and job experience as well before you can apply for a visa.

Have you looked at the NZ immigration website yet? It's a good place to start.

I don't think it would be easy to find a job in NZ fast, especially when you aren't already in the country. Some people have managed to get jobs but many others have had to travel to NZ to meet face to face with potential employers before they have been able to get a job offer.
    Mother Bear