Thread: Husband Work Visa Based on Job Offer what about children

Ash
    Ash is offline Junior Member

Default Husband Work Visa Based on Job Offer what about children

I am a south african who is very confused with VISA options and applications.
    My husband has been offererd a Job in NZ so as I understand he will apply for a WORK VISA and fill in the form 1015 does he get a work permit automatically once he gets there.

What do I apply for (his Wife ) I do not need to work as I have two children under the age of three so I am going to be home with them.
    What Visa do we apply for (Wife and Kids)

We are putting in our EOI now as well.
    If anyone has any info we would appreciate the help as we had so many problems with our agency that we decided to do it on our own...

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Ash and welcome.

If your husband will be starting his job in NZ before it's likely that your application for residency will be finalised, then he will need to apply for a Work Visa ( if he applies from outside NZ). Once he enters NZ the WV will be converted to a Work Permit. If he's going to apply for it when he's already in NZ he will just need to apply for a WP.

When he gets his WP, then you can also get one off his back, so to speak, but that doesn't mean you would have to work. At the same time you will be able to apply for a Student Visa for the kids which means that you won't have to pay international rates for schooling.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Ash
    Ash is offline Junior Member

If we want to put in all the applications together what would I apply for?
    I have been t9old from a few people maybe I should apply for a visitors Visa with the kids. and He applies for the Work Visa

Do we really need a student visa if they are 18 months and 3 years old

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I have to say I find the information on the INZ website very confusing. In places it states that, if your husband applies for a WP you and the children can be included in his application. Then, in other places, it says you need to make a separate application 'according to your needs'. So much information is out of date in the Operations' Manual that it's difficult to pick your way through it.

I would hope that, if your husband applies for a WP, it would then become clear whether you can be included in his application or if you need to apply on your own behalf. If your husband gets his WP before you all leave for NZ your visa could probably be sorted as well, but if he's going to apply when he's already in NZ then you would all need to enter the country on Visitor's Visas.

If he has a WP, any application for PR can run alongside it so that's not a problem. The WP is just a means to tide you over until your PR application is processed.

I'm sorry that's not more helpful. Let's hope bumping this thread up will prompt those who have taken this route to provide an answer.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.