Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Muddled... Advice?

  1. #1
    nzherosquad is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Muddled... Advice?

    Hi! I'm new. My name's Maggie
    I'm seeking the best way to be able to live and work in New Zealand for at least a year. I've been there once before, on the working holiday scheme, so that's out of the question unfortunately. Further, i'm a recent college (or Uni, rather) grad with a Bachelors degree in Communication Arts.. so i have none of those "skills" that new zealand seems to be seeking.

    It seems like i would apply under the Work- other category, in terms of visas. would i stand a chance without a job offer? I have several friends in New Zealand, two of which are in my same boat as americans and recent grads. I dont know about one of them but i know the other came in on the Working Holiday Scheme, so that's no help for me!

    Anyhow, i'll end it there. Any thoughts? Please advise if you have any ideas!

  2. #2
    MotherBear's Avatar
    MotherBear is offline The missing link
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries


    Hi Maggie and to MoveToNZ.

    I'm afraid I can't see you getting a Work Permit without a job offer and, as you say, you've already had one WHV and wouldn't be allowed to apply for another. Short of going to NZ on Visit Visas and looking for work while you're there, I can think of any other way to achieve your goal. If you do decide to go on VVs, whatever you do don't let immigration know that you're there to look for work. Visit Visas are for visiting only, according to them.
    Mother Bear

    Try to bloom wherever you are planted.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46