Thread: Visit visa

trichef is offline Junior Member

Default Visit visa

I am considering flying to NZ early next year in a VV to look for a job there and work my way to getting a WP and eventually PR. but here's my ordeal, I do not possess the necessary years of experience possible NZ employers look for in applicants. is it enough to have a diploma to be accepted in NZ hospitality industry? i would like to know, or at least have an idea of my chances, before going for it. unfortumately, a friend of mine traveled to NZ on a VV but failed to get a job because she plainly wasn't qualified for any job. she was willing to start for the bottom but still to no avail. she went back home frustrated and empty-handed. i wouldn't want that to happen so i gather all possible information i can get. i hope someone can shed light....mother bear?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

It's always risky going to NZ to look for work, but it can be done. It would be very difficult for anyone to say whether you would be offered a job without previous experience, but if a company or institution was desperate enough (and I don't mean that in a bad way) they might take someone on who, at least, had a relevant qualification. Having a qualification goes some way to indicating that that person has had some training in the required field.

I don't think anyone could guarantee that you would get a job in NZ, but it could be possible. The only other alternative to hopping on a plane to see for yourself would be to try to get a job offer before you set out. Trying the tourist areas just before peak season might be one place to start looking.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

trichef is offline Junior Member

thanks mother bear, you always have the answers