Thread: websites of employers

trichef is offline Junior Member

Default websites of employers

i've read from this forum that there are employers out there willing to sponsor qualified applicants to ba able to obtain WP. question is: where can i find these employers? any sites you guys can recommend? i'm in the hospitality industry. thanks guys!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Do you mean the List of Accredied Employers ? These companies have been approved by INZ as being suitable employers under their schemes.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

trichef is offline Junior Member

thanks mother bear for that list! so you mean my prospective employer/s have to be in this list otherwise i won't be granted a WP by the INZ? if that's the case then it loos like i'm gonna have a hard time looking for one.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    Do you mean the List of Accredied Employers ? These companies have been approved by INZ as being suitable employers under their schemes.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trichef View Post
    so you mean my prospective employer/s have to be in this list otherwise i won't be granted a WP by the INZ?
    I think it depends which type of WP you want to apply for. Take a look at the explanations below and see which you would fit into.

W2.5 Work visa/permit streams
    There are three streams that mirror residence policy within work visa and work permit policy:
    The Skilled stream;
    The Family stream; and
    The International/Humanitarian stream.
    W2.5.1 Skilled stream

The Skilled stream consists of four broad policies under which New Zealand facilitates the entry of skilled people:
    Work to residence (see WR);
    General work policy (see WG); and
    Specific purpose or event (see WS); and
    Students/trainees (see WE)

The 'work to residence' policy facilitates the entry of people whose skills are in demand and provides them with a pathway to residence.
    The 'general work' policy facilitates the entry of people required on a temporary basis to fill shortages where New Zealand citizens or residents are either not available or cannot be readily trained.
    The 'specific purpose or event' policy facilitates the entry of people who have demonstrated skills, expertise or attributes that are likely to benefit New Zealand, where there is no risk of negative impact on opportunities for New Zealand citizens or residents.
    The 'students and trainees' policy facilitates the entry of students and trainees to gain practical work experience or to train as part of their studies.

from here

and then this, which explains where the accredited employer bit comes in.

WG1 General work policy
    See WG1 Effective 24/07/2006
    See WG1 Effective 22/05/2006
    See WG1 Effective 04/04/2005
    See WG1 Effective 29/04/2004

General work policy contributes to the overall work policy objective (see W1) by allowing New Zealand employers to recruit temporary workers from overseas to meet particular or seasonal worker shortages that cannot be met from within New Zealand while protecting employment opportunities, for New Zealand citizens and residents.

To be issued with a work visa or granted a work permit under general work policy applicants must:
    provide an offer of employment in an occupation that is included on the current Immediate Skill Shortage List (ISSL) or the current Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) (see WG2) issued by the NZIS; or
    provide an offer of employment from a New Zealand employer who has a current approval in principle from the NZIS (see WG3) for the recruitment of the applicant(s); or
    provide an offer of employment and a supporting case from a New Zealand employer (see WG4) establishing that there are no New Zealand citizens or residents suitably qualified by training and experience who are available (see WG1.1); or
    meet the requirements specified for one of the other categories listed in WG5, or for WG6 or WG8.

Employers must meet the requirements in W2.10.5 relating to compliance with employment and immigration law in force in New Zealand and offers of employment must contain the information in W2.10.10.
    Where required by general work policy the availability of New Zealand citizens or residents will be determined by carrying out a labour market test (see WG3.10).

from here .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.