Thread: job offer

phillips family is offline Junior Member

Default job offer

hi everyone,
    we are feeling a bittoday, we have submited our temp work visa's 2 weeks ago, my husband is a floor layer with 18 years exp and a job offer in nz,we have been told we have problems, He doesn't have a qual level 4 (which isn't avail in UK and there is no equivilant) so how can we get in without this unobtainable qual?our employer told us that this was no problem and we can gain this qual in nz when we arrive. We feel very confused at the moment and are not sure what to do.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Sorry, a bit late getting round to this. Is there no chance that INZ will take your husband's quite extensive work experience into account? I may have seen something about this somewhere along the line, so I'll have to dig around and see if I can find it again.

BTW, welcome to the forum. I hope you can resolve your problem as it seems a bit sad to lose out when he's got a lot of experience, just not the right bit of paper.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

By 'floor layer' do you mean tiler or laying the actual floor as in concrete or wood etc.? If it's tiling, it says:

Trades requiring a level 3 (or above) qualification:

Agricultural work (including Arable Farming; Cattle farming; Dairy Farming: Sheep Farming; Deer Farming)
    Apparel Manufacture (including Cutting, Design, Patternmaking and Sewing; Mechanic and Production)
    Bricklaying and/or Blocklaying
    Building & Construction (including Carpentry, Advanced Carpentry, Concrete Construction (including Tilt Slab Construction; Concrete Placer & Finisher), Concrete Production (including Concrete Plant Operator), Claddings [Fibre Cement, EIFS], Interior Systems (including Ceiling Contractor), Floor & Wall Tiling, Solid Plastering, Health & Safety & Injury Prevention, and Construction Management)

If it's not tiling, have a look in here to double-check what the required level is as INZ don't always get it right. Without knowing what sort of floor layer he is, I can't pin it down. I'm just assuming he has the level 3?
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.