Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloody bloody bloody WP's

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Default Bloody bloody bloody WP's

What the hell is the Goddam problem! We applied for our WP's 2 weeks ago with job offers and employers keen to go,go, go!! We rang them today to see how they were getting on and guess what? They told Gaz he hasn't been assigned a case officer yet and once he has it could take up to 40 days and as his spouse, my application won't even be looked at until his is approved!

How crap is that! So, all the hopes of getting the kids into school after the hols i.e. a fortnight, a month from application are looking dim, any hope of beginning work and earning money are up the Swanea and we're more than a little annoyed because thanks to AirNZ at Heathrow Airport we only have return tickets dated until the beginning of November...........
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Hi Dawn,

That sounds cr@p, can you try stressing your dilema to immi?

We did that with our immi officer when we were waiting on our ITA and he moved quite quickly. We were going on our 8 week holiday and wanted our ITA pack before we left and he sent it the next again day...

I hope they dont take as long as you said and they just gave you the standard speil and timescales.

Good luck with it all and I can just imagine how frustrated you'll be feeling at the moment.

Keep your chin up!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

You'd think they'd be only too happy to rush your WPs through quickly and get you off to work, especially as both of you have job offers. Let's hope those timings were just guestimates and, now you've rung to remind them you're waiting (impatiently), perhaps someone will get their relevant digit out and produce the goodies. Or is that too much to hope?

Hope it all comes good for you, Dawn, without much further ado. Must say, I didn't think you had a Case Officer for a WP application, only for PR. Previously I've heard of a few people going in personally and walking out with their WP the same day, so I don't know what all the fuss is about. You sure they aren't looking at the wrong file and have given you the timings for the PR application instead of the WP? Just a thought.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Alison is offline Member

We got our WTR visas done in London so i dont know if its different in NZ but we where assigned a case officer for WTR and where told that all applicatrions are assigned a case officer and for WP that it would depend on how busy they are at the time as to whether it could be processed same day and normally if it was for more than one person it couldnt be done the same day either, but all our applications where dealt with at the same time as far as I am aware, my OH was the main applicant but they processed the 3 of us as one application.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    Must say, I didn't think you had a Case Officer for a WP application, only for PR. You sure they aren't looking at the wrong file and have given you the timings for the PR application instead of the WP?
    I've tried to check up but can't find anything positive, but I'm sure you only get a CO when your ITA is being processed, which still makes me wonder if they've got their knickers in a twist and have looked at the PR application and not the WP one. Or am I talking through my @rse, as WG would say?
    Mother Bear

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    I've tried to check up but can't find anything positive, but I'm sure you only get a CO when your ITA is being processed, which still makes me wonder if they've got their knickers in a twist and have looked at the PR application and not the WP one. Or am I talking through my @rse, as WG would say?
    We haven't put our ITA in yet MB. We've been busy today but we're gonna get back on to them tomoz. Time for the prodding fork to come out I reckon

Blog Entries

Your EOI then?

Just trying to get to grips with why you'd need a CO for a temporary WP when some peeps have wandered into a branch of INZ and come out with their permit there and then. I know others have had to wait a while but if one lot don't need a CO then the others shouldn't either. Can't figure out why they're on about Gaz not having a CO assigned yet.
    Mother Bear

Blog Entries

Hey y'all, Gaz phoned immi this morning and was told that because his job isn't on the skills shortage list there's no chance of it being turned around quicker. He has to wait to be allocated a CO and then it could take 40 days from then, they've had it since 5th Sept. They won't begin to look at mine or the kids study applications until the primary applicant has been processed! She said they couldn't fast track anyone over anyone else, job pending or not and we'd just have to wait like everyone else! Like everyone else? What do they mean? We are not like everyone else!!!!

Soooooo frustrating!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Hey y'all, Gaz phoned immi this morning and was told that because his job isn't on the skills shortage list there's no chance of it being turned around quicker.
    I thought hairdressing was on the list. I seem to see it mentioned on here (scroll down to Major Group 5) and here , unless I'm seeing things, of course .
    Mother Bear

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

I think it's on the long term list, not the short term list which is why it's affecting the work permit application. The bloody NZIS, sometimes they can't do enough for you and sometimes they can be your worst enemy.

I blame the parents.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast