Thread: help!!

fozz is offline Junior Member

Default help!!

hello again.

right here i go...my self and my family are really wanting to move to nz so i guess i need a few questions answering and what my options are and the best way to get started.
    im 26 years old and and my wife is 32 we have 3 children 10 4 and 2 so this whole process is very daunting for myself.
    my proffesion is not on the skilled list unfortnatly but i have been working in the hydraulics industry for ten years now and my wife is currently studying counselling,

firstly i would like someone to point me in the right direction as far as visas go and the best route for me and family to take.

myself i think i would go for the working holiday visa and work to residencey whilst there,thats ok but im finding it difficult in knowing what to do for visas for my family

any help appreciated.

thanks

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fozz View Post
    myself i think i would go for the working holiday visa and work to residencey whilst there,thats ok but im finding it difficult in knowing what to do for visas for my family
    Hi Fozz,

One of our former members (also from Hereford) went to NZ on a WHV with his young family. His wife and kids went on Visit Visas. Sadly it didn't work out for them as he couldn't get a suitable job (marketing) that would qualify to take them on to Permanent Residency, so they returned to the UK.

It would also be open to you to travel to NZ on VVs and apply for jobs while you're there. Once you have a job offer, you can get a Work Permit under the General Work (Other) policy, which doesn't take long and then proceed from there. If you look at page 20 on here you'll see that Hydraulic Engineer is listed as being an approved occupation.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.