Thread: Jobs in Tauranga???

guillerollero is offline Junior Member

Smile Jobs in Tauranga???

Hi!! Im planning to move to Tauranga in November, but before deciding I would like to know how the job situation is like in the area. If someone can help I would really appreaciate it!!! Thanks
    Guillermina

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

That depends very much on what your job is! What sort of work would you be looking for?

Thanks for replying!!!!! Any kind actually, I have experience as a waitress, recepcionist and office jobs. My main aim is to be able to visit and pay for my living. If I can save some money it would be great too, of course.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Guillermina

to the forum.

Would I be right in saying that you only want to visit and work in NZ for a certain time rather than going there to live permanently? To live permanently you would need to apply for Permanent Residency and, for that, you need to have job skills and qualifications that NZ wants. If you only want to visit and work and you're 30 years old or under, you could trying applying for a Working Holiday Visa . They are only valid for either 12 months or 23 months but, for some of this time, you have to appear to be on holiday.

Tauranga is a tourist spot so, by going in November, you will be there at the start of the season and may be more successful in finding work in your line.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

HI..THANKS FOR THE WELCOME!!!..yes, Im going under the Working Holiday Squeme, so my aim is to have holidays and work to support them. My question is because my sister is Queenstown and she realized once there that there were not many jobs and that the wages were low, which made her have no holidays at all. Since I have still time to decide, I would like to confirm if in Tuaranga, the situation is better.. Thank you very much for your help!!!!
    Guille