Thread: Is this true

scott&vicky is offline Junior Member

Default Is this true

I have been speaking to New Zealand House in London and was told I can not apply for any sort of work visa (apart from the 12 month holiday visa), unless I have a job waiting for me in New Zealand.
    Is this true?

Also do I have to prove a qualification in English as I have noticed on the application form it states, "do not complete anymore of this form unless you have a reconized qualification in English".
    Is this also true?

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi,

As the principle applicant, it's true that you can't apply for a work permit unless you have a job, as work permits are tied to the employer. Your partner can then apply for an open permit, without having a job.

Your english qualification is being born and bred in the UK, where english is your only language
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Bermy Girl is offline Senior Member

Hey Scott and Vicky,

Have you looked at the Skilled Migrant route? Or are you thinking about just going out for a year or two for a work experience away from home?

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Hi,

If you're under the age of 30 you can get a 12 or 23 month WHV and get employemt in NZ. This can be either Permy/Contract or Temp for 12 months.

During this time you can then go down the Work Visa route or PR route.

Good luck with things!