Thread: Work Permit

mar1380 is offline Junior Member

Default Work Permit

Hi friends!
    I have a question about work permit. Do you know anything about this group:
    jobs in new zealand, live and work in new zealand, work to residence.
    Thanks

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Mar1380,

Welcome to MoveToNZ.

Back at the beginning of the year, there was some bad publicity about Skillsnz. I posted this warning on the forum, but unfortunately the news site I was linking to doesn't keep its old news items so you won't be able to read what was said. It wasn't good news though. I believe they went bankrupt and left a lot of people out of pocket and without jobs, then they immediately started up a new company. I think they were originally registered as Newjobz when this happened and Skillsnz is the new company name. I hope I've got this the right way round.

If you are looking for a job agent, this forum is linked to a reputable company that handles both jobs and visas. I don't know if you have visited the site yet.

Edited to add: I just found this on an Indian forum . Newjobz is the company name before they went bankrupt and started up again as Skillsnz. If you read down the page you will see the name Skillsnz mentioned.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Thanks for replying. But one of my friends has worked with that group.(NewJobz)
    and they could not find any jobs for him(he is a translator in Iran) and they got back his money. Because of this matter I wanted to work with this group. But, your comment is a warning for me. What is your idea about it?

Blog Entries

I can?t speak from personal experience with this company but, to my way of thinking, if a company has cheated it?s clients and let them down badly once by not returning their money when they had enough money to start another company immediately afterwards, then I don?t think I would trust them 100%.

This company has had 3 names, which is not necessarily a good thing. It was originally Stu Macann & Associates Limited, then Newjobz and now Skillsnz. They tell a story of how this happened, but I wouldn?t honestly know what to believe. If you went with them, perhaps they would be OK, but I certainly would be very cautious. There are many other agents around who haven?t had such bad publicity and I think I?d prefer to go with one of those ? just in case. But that?s only my opinion.
    Mother Bear

Thanks alot.

ipeng99 is offline Junior Member

Default Skills NZ

Hi,

I am one of the Victims of this company, SkillsNZ/NewJobz/Stu McCann Associates. I have already paid them about NZ$2975 total and I found out their company has already closed. Can somebody please give me advise on what to do? I have been contacting the NZ Commerce Commision, but I havent recieved any reply yet. please help me out, I really need the money back. you may email me at blackmambakobe24@yahoo.com. Thanks

Blog Entries

Hi,

Welcome to MoveToNZ.

I'm very sorry to hear you have had problems with this company. They seem to make a habit of taking people's money, then close the company and start up again with a new name. The last I heard was that the NZ Commerce Commssion were investigating them, so it's a shame they haven't replied to you.

Have you thought of trying the International Consumer Rights Protection Council ? Mr. Arun Saxena used to be the contact person, but I don't know if he's still there.

I do hope you can get your money back, although it may take time.
    Mother Bear