Thread: Multiple work on Work Visa/Permit.

daisukey is offline Member

Question Multiple work on Work Visa/Permit.

My work permit/visa in my Passport says that I can work as eg) a chef at Blah. Am I able to have another part-time job/work?

cheers.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Daisukey

I know that your WP ties you to one employer. If you want to change jobs, you have to apply for a variation of your permit i.e. a new permit that allows you to work for someone else. Saying that, it doesn't sound like you can do a second job as you're not allowed to work for someone without holding a permit in their name.

The only way you could get round the problem is to work for someone without using a permit, but, of course, that would be illegal and might jeopardise your future application for PR if you are found out.

I don't know if it's possible to hold more than one WP. I read on the NZIS site where it talked about 'further WPs' but I think they meant if you want to extend your permit when it's is expiring rather than holding more than one at a time.

Perhaps someone else knows a bit more about it.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure you can apply for special conditions on your permit if you need another job. I believe it depends a lot on the other job you want, as the work permits are supposed to be for specific skilled shortages. Never hurts to ask the powers that be!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.