Thread: WP to PR

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Default WP to PR

Ay up mi ducks, so say we gerova there and Gaz gets a job say 3 months later. We apply for a work permit and they say 'Oh aye, 'ere's one for y, no problem at all, how luvly it is t'av y in our country'. Then can we apply for PR after we've been there 2 years or does it depend on what jobs we doin? It's just that MB said sumat about y job has t be ont shortage list t be able to stay (or am I mekin tharup?) coz I don't want t av t cum om after 2 years. Actually, thinkin about it, can we apply for a WP for any job or does that av t be ont shortage list annall? Wor if for example someone sez t me, 'Eh I really like you, you can come an wok in my estate agents if y want sellin ouses'. Now I've never wokked in a estate agents in my life but I might like t av a go if it's gonna bring sum money in, cud I accept the job? Would I gerra permit? I might be daft right but I've started avin all these nightmares and wekkin up in code sweats thinkin I aven't read anythin right and we ant gorra prayer!!!!

Don't know why I wrote that in my Nottinghamshire dialect! I think it's because I started ay up mi duck! I won't be getting any job offers at all if I fill in my application forms like that, they'll be thinking English is my second language :rolleyes:
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Lucky I've got a babelfish to decode your nottinghamshire dialact!

This is one of those 'primary applicant' situations, where one of you will need to apply for a job on the short term skills shortage list, and t'other can apply for whatever they like. Certainly though, one or the other you needs to be applying for work on the STSSL.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Blog Entries

So picking apples won't cut it then?:confused:

Blog Entries

Only if you're doing scientific research in to how apples are best picked, or developing some kind of software to automate the apple picking process.

Other than that, can't see it'll be enough
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Blog Entries

No, no, no! Aspirations of being a professional apple picker dashed upon the rocks of cruel reality. What am I to do???

I know, I'll be a professional kiwi fruit picker instead! They are a much smaller, softer fruit and so the picking of them requires a great deal of dextrous skill and excellent hand to eye co-ordination. I am thinking that because of this added level of picking difficulty it is bound to be on the skills shortage list! I will feed my family picking kiwi fruit or feed my family kiwi fruit - all is not lost

Blog Entries

Now that sounds like a plan!
    Taffy