Thread: Re: EOI to PR shown in easy steps

Nik
    Nik is offline Junior Member

Default Re: EOI to PR shown in easy steps

Hi my name is Nik, my man and me moved to NZ Oct 2005 we are able to put in for full residency in Oct 2007, but i now seem to be getting confused with the process, we came to NZ on work to residency visa (my partner) and myself on a work visa. Can anyone please explain the process simply for me? As we don't want to make a mess of things ,as we are both enjoying NZ far too much to go back to UK. Thanks

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Nik,

Welcome to the forum.    

This is the corresponding chart for Work to Residence , but I guess you are aware of all this to start with.  Thought I’d just stick it in here in case anyone else needs it.

Here it sets out the steps to take when progressing from a Work Permit to PR.

This came from here where it says :

If you have been working in New Zealand for at least two years after being granted a work visa and/or permit under the Work to Residence category, you can apply for residence under our Residence from Work category.

Hope this helps to explain things a bit.  It would be good to hear from others who have taken the step and have personal experience, which is why I've taken the step of moving the post to where it might be more visible rather than being stuck at the top in a sticky.  
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Nik
    Nik is offline Junior Member

Thanks Mother Bear

We are having such a great time living in NZ that we don't want anything to go wrong. Thanks for the info it will be a great help. Will keep in touch.
    Nik