Thread: medical forms completed abroad

Mentiad is offline Junior Member

Default medical forms completed abroad

Hi yall, (well I say all but this is a question for people that have actually managed to move to NZ already so your knowlege is pure and not guess work, im through with false information)

Im English and have houses in Holland and UK I spend time in both countrys.

So im applying for a visa to NZ whereby Im gonna need a medical form completed, my application must be made from the UK but I had my medicals done in Holland with dutch doctors approved by NZ. so on my medical form I put my full address as my dutch address.

Has anybody else confused matters in this way and still been given a visa? My visa application must state that I normally live in the UK, I'm allowed to temporarily be in another country during my application but does that mean I can have a forign medical with a forign full address? who knows??

I'm getting really cheesed off with all these questions that appear to be overcomplicated due to my current situation. I feel like im wasting money and never gonna get to NZ. :( Im sure you've been through the same pain and worry, was it worth it? all I want is to live somewhere nice for my baby daughters to grow up!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: medical forms completed abroad

Hi yall, ? (well I say all but this is a question for people that have actually managed to move to NZ already so your knowlege is pure and not guess work, im through with false information)
    Mentiad, if we have given you duff information on here, it would be a good idea to clarify the position by giving us what should be the correct info, as that's how we learn. ?It does happen occasionally that we really don't know the answer to a question, but rather than ignore the member asking it, we tend to offer suggestions, common sense ideas or answers that we believe MAY be right in an attempt to help out. ?In the latter case we usually state that we 'believe' or 'think' that this may possibly be the answer as you yourself have done in replying to my query in another category 'Yeah I think I read somewhere that you need a police check from everywhere you have lived (for a period of 12 mths or more) in the last 10 years'.

I hesitate to answer your question above as, true, I haven't been in this position yet, but I would just add that many people from different countries have had their medicals done in NZ, as it's cheaper and a lot easier there, so I don't see the difference between you having yours done in Holland as opposed to NZ. ?As long as it's a panel doctor (outside NZ) or a regular GP (inside NZ) there shouldn't be a problem. ?I certainly wouldn't be hopping onto a plane back to the UK just to have my medical done. ?It would either be here in Oman (or wherever I happen to be at the time) or NZ if I'm able to get there at the right time.

In this extract from the NZIS' site it just says you need to select a panel doctor - they don't put any conditions or specifications on the selection you are about to make.

If you need a medical examination or chest X-ray for your immigration application, you need to select a doctor and/or radiologist from our approved list.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Ok MB so 3415 posts tells me that you spend a lot of time here and thats the only reason I can imagine that you got the hump with my comment! so calm down and read on..

1, I did not say I got bad information from this forum, It was actually an annoying Dutch person working as a NZ official in the immigration office in Den Hague, this position obviously made me trust him but as he has never been to NZ he cant refer to his own success story, hence unpure information as in my comment.

2, The information I gave you I believe to be true but as I read it a while ago, like you say, I said I think this is correct. no harm eh, anyway this isnt what the forum is about so lets forget it.

I can answer my own questions now for others, I spoke to a london NZ official - vicky whos a very nice girl. you are correct MB and it doen't matter where you get your meds done. however if like me you put a full forign address on your medical form you would be wise to attach a cover note to explain that you have more than one address and you do actually ordinarily live in the UK which is a requirement for the 23mth whv im applying for.

Blog Entries

I think if you re-read your comments regarding wanting only members who?ve actually made the transition from their home country to NZ to answer ?because their knowledge is pure and not guess work? does hint that you weren?t altogether happy with some information you?d already received. True, you didn?t state that the false information came from us, but neither did you state that it didn?t. Seeing as you?d implied your frustration on the forum, it was quite natural to assume that it was from here. The way it was worded, I felt that you were warning those of us who haven?t yet immigrated to refrain from answering in case we stuffed up again. However, I?m glad that it wasn?t the case and I apologise for making a wrong assumption.

Good luck with your medicals.
    Mother Bear

For those in my situation that just want the facts my medical forms were accepted and I now have a visa, Yippie,

So no worries about foreign meds!

Blog Entries

Congratulations, Mentiad. Bet it feels good to have the visa under your belt at last. When are you thinking of flying off?
    Mother Bear

Yeah thanks,

It was a lot easier than I thought to get it too, reasonably healthy and under 30 and from the UK then your in I think is the drill.

Dunno when to go tho, Probably around May / June time when the Flights are cheaper. Whilst im here working in Holland every euro I earn is 2 nz dollars so Im in no hurry.