Thread: EOI,work/permit visa ITA

missvee is offline Senior Member

Default EOI,work/permit visa ITA

:-? Hi everyone. I have an update. You may well be aware that my EOI was accepted in July. Heard nothing else until now. My immigration officer wants details of my job, (I have a job as a midwife in Bay of Plenty). My employer sent me a pack which included a work permit visa, I think it is my employers part just to say that they have a job for me. Well they want me to start on 8th Jan 07, therefore I will have to be there somewhere around Xmas. Anyone any ideas on how I can get there quicker than waiting for my ITA? I am also taking my daughter who will be 13 then. I am trying to get permission from her father....I know what a nightmare.

I haven't had my medical/xray because I don't know when I can go, as you know they have to be less than 3 months old.

Any ideas on good cheap airlines?

missvee

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Default Re: EOI,work/permit visa ITA

Hi.

You can get in with a WHV if you have to get in quickly. The 12 month one allows you to work for up to 12 months and you CAN take permy employment.

Alt you can go for a 23 month one which you have to get meds for and you cant use the meds for EOI unfortunately. This allows you to work for 12 months as well.

Here's a link to another post I did about the 23 month visa - http://movetonz.org/discussion/YaBB.pl?num=1152267633

Good luck with your move - hope all goes well with it!

You may be able to get in with other ways but I'm not sure how to be honest?

:) Thanks Lil Amy, will try the 12 month visa route.
    Missvee

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Missvee,

I'm not sure how old you are, but you can only apply for a WHV if you're 30 or under. ?If this proves to be out of reach for you, have you thought about just going on a Visitor's Visa which will cover you for 6 months or even longer if you apply for an extension. ?You won't be able to work on this visa, but as your job doesn't start until Jan and you have a Work Visa anyway, you should be fine if you just want to get to NZ quickly. One thing I would add here is that you wouldn't be able to ship any belongings down to NZ e.g. a container or other shipment under either a WHV (not sure about the 23-month one though) or Visitors Visa as you'd have to pay 12% GST on it. It would have to wait until your Work Permit came into force.

Hope it doesn't get too messy with your daughter's dad. ?This sort of thing can work out to be quite a problem as some others have found. ?Would be better if you can win him over but, if not, sounds like you'll have to take him to court which could take months. ?I really hope it doesn't come to that. ?

Fingers crossed for you. ?

Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Thanks for the advice it is helping. I am just in the process of getting accomodation at the hospital, this will help with my daughters father giving permission. I can have a medical x-rays on the 24th, I have my police clearance, I have the letter re my employment and the work visa/permit from my employer. Its getting them all co ordinated. I am struggling getting flights because I want to go just before or after Xmas.

I will keep you all informed.
    Thanks again, Missvee