Thread: Talent Visa Accreditation Scheme

ann
    ann is offline Junior Member

Default Talent Visa Accreditation Scheme

Does anyone know where I can find out more info on the Talent visa accreditation scheme (TVAS)????...I've looked all over the website but can't find anything. I'm applying for a position as a probation officer in NZ and I'm told the position is covered by the TVAS. Also could anyone advise me if I should apply for a work permit at the same time as I submit my application because employer details states I need to have a work permit...and I'm not sure if this means at the time of applying or I apply after offer of employment.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Talent Visa Accreditation Scheme

Hi Ann, welcome to MovetoNZ!

I know nothing at all about the TVAS, but have been hunting around looking for clues and, so far, this is all I've come up with. ?None of them use the phrase TVAS so it's been hard to track down. ?

The following links may or may not be of any use to you, but I'll have another search in the morning when I feel a bit less like falling asleep in my chair. ? ?

One thing's for sure, you will need a work visa of some sort before you can start work legally in NZ. ?A Work Permit would entitle you to start work if you had to wait for another type of visa/permit to come through.

http://www.beehive.govt.nz/ViewDocum...cumentID=12516
    http://www.infoinic.com/talentfaq.html
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...62pgJuly06.pdf ? page 13.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi,

I wouldn't have thought that a Talent visa covered a probation officer? Talent visas are usually for people with outstanding ability in the field of sports, culture or art.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/worktoresidence/howdoiapply/stepsfortalent(artscultureandsports)/

You should probably be looking at the Skilled Migrant category, or even Work To Residence, but I really think the Talent visa is not what you want.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Blog Entries

Hi,

I wouldn't have thought that a Talent visa covered a probation officer? ?Talent visas are usually for people with outstanding ability in the field of sports, culture or art.
    Must admit to thinking the same thing myself but, when I looked at it on my link above from the NZIS' site (page 13), there appears to be 2 categories to the Talent Visa i.e. Talent (Accredited Employers' Policy and then the Talent (Arts, Culture and Sport) Policy, so I was running with the former one.

Now I'm up and about again, I'll see if I can dig anything else up. ?The Talent Visa is one area we haven't had a lot to do with.
    Mother Bear

Blog Entries

'Talent' is a very misleading word when used in this context, but it appears you could go down that path.

From what I can see it looks as though going the Talent Visa route saves you from going through the more long-winded PR route. For each family member, you still have to do the rigorous medical and get your police certificate. You may have to provide documentation of your training and other professional credentials as well, and, if your profession requires it, complete registration requirements (which may include passing a test) with the regulating NZ authority.

I saw something about paying an annual fee as long as you have a Talent Visa, but I'm not sure if this is true and I couldn't find out how much it would be. It's not clear whether you are able to renew it after the 30 months expires, but it seems that you should be able to do so.

However, if you leave your job while you're on a Talent Visa and you haven't already converted to PR, you'll have to immediately get a similar job with another accredited employer, or your visa will no longer be valid.

One major problem with going the Talent Visa route is that you?d no doubt have to pay out to go through the medical and police checks again when the time comes to apply for PR. ?If you?re desperate to get to work in NZ and you?re sure you want to stay there permanently, perhaps getting a Temporary Work Visa would be a cheaper and quicker option and then you could, at the same time, put in an application for the longer route of EOI/ITA/PR.

This sets out the steps you need to take for the Talent Visa.
    Mother Bear