Thread: Help me

Shamtoo is offline Junior Member

Default Help me

Hi members

I am a computer professional working in UAE since dec 2004. I want to move and settle in newzealand pemanently. First I tried in skilled migrant category. I scored only 90 points. So I am not eligible to apply EOI. Then I tried to get work visa. It needs job offer to apply. So I tried to get a job offer. Last 6 months I am trying to get a job. I have NZIS recognised qualification and 2 years experience. I search jobs in online and apply jobs related to my field. I found some jobs exactly close with mine. I prepare cover letter for that and apply with my resume. But they didn't consider me. Because they need one who must entitled to work there. Please help me how can I be entitled to work there? and explain me what It's mean?

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Default Help me

Hi Shamtoo,

Do you think you can increase your points under EOI to 140 points and at the same time secure a job offer?

To increase your points, you can upgrade your education and also by accomulating work experience. For my case, I took a part time degree while still three years in my young career life and by the 5th year of my work experience I already have a degree. That will significantly improve your EOI points. However, if you are not aware, the current points required for automatic selection from the EOI pool is 140 points and with a job offer, you are surely given a chance to submit your ITA (Invitation to apply) for PR. If you have 100 points above but less than 140 points with no job offer, it is still possible to get selected from the EOI pool but can be tough. The selection for less than 140 points is based solely on NZIS (free spaces allocated during that month or something like that). If you have 100-140 points with job offer, most likely you will be selected.

Regarding getting a job, I am afraid that I do not have good advice.

One way you may try is to plan a trip to New Zealand on visitor visas and try to look for a job, with that job your potential employer may sponsor you for a work permit and you can work your way up to PR status eventually. But this is tough and not many people succeed. There are of course success stories. It appear that if you can make yourself present physically, potential employers are more keen to talk to you.

"Entitled to work there" means exactly that you must either a residency status or minimally a work visa that will entitle you to work for any employer legally in New Zealand. There are also some employers who are only looking for candidates who are citizens of New Zealand.

Hope this helps

pulsarblu

Default Help me

Hi Pulsarblu

Your informations really help me. I need some more information. Would you kindly help me for that. In your reply you told to take a visit and attend interviews. I think It will work sometime. I worked India as a trainee for one year. I studied Computer Hardware and Network engneering in an academy. After finish that course I worked there like go to customer place with senior technician. Work like help him and also do what he says. I worked 1 year for without payment just for experience. I had a certificate for that. Now I want to now, Is that calculate as year of experience or not? Please kindly answer me this doubt.

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Default Help me

Hi Shamtoo,

As much as I want to provide an accurate answer I am not in the best position to say for NZIS. However I think if you can provide adequate evidence that you worked for that academy even if you are not paid, you may get that experience credited.

The best for you is to contact NZIS and they can provide the best answer.

Pulsarblu

Default Help me

Hi Pulsarblu

Thank you very much for your reply. I will contact NZIS about this. Please keep in touch.