Thread: whv timeframe?

stndrd is offline Member

Default whv timeframe?

I have a question for those who have gone the whv route; once applied for, how long did it take to get your whv?

-thanks,
    Brian and April

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default whv timeframe?

If you apply online it's usually 2 weeks if application is straightforward. With mine it was closer to 90 days as there was some confusion over a driving conviction I had.

Not sure exactly about postal application but wouldn't be more than a month in most cases I imagine. The helpline is really helpful if you call them after application is lodged tho. Which is odd....cos helplines generally aren't ;D

Hope this helps

What's your plan then. 12 months in NZ or 12 months getting a job and claiming permanant residency like me [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Default whv timeframe?

Hello,

Has anyone gone for the 23 month WHV?

We're just about to apply for it online and send the meds on afterwards but I'm not sure how long the whole process takes.

I know the Waters 12 month WHV took 3 hrs and it was through so I'm kinda hoping it will be a similar process for the 23 month one.

Anyone got any ideas?

Default whv timeframe?

I believe it is Lil Amy who's gone for a 24 month one. Could be wrong there was a big long thread about it recently, the pros and cons and so forth.

It should be equally as quick, but you need medicals and police reports for the longer one. They can be forwarded after application tho apparently.

Default whv timeframe?

Hi Steve,

The atmosphere on the other side of the world must be affecting you some what ;)

It's me, lil Amy, who's asking the question on the WHV tee hee. Do you know of anyone else who's going for the same Visa as me?

Everyone else seems to be doing the 12 month one or permy ones.

Fingers crossed the 23month one works as fast as the 12month one as we plan to leave at the start of Aug and never got round to applying last night :'( Just had so much on with sorting the sale of the house out and I know we should be getting all this paperwork sorted out asap...

TheWaters is offline Senior Member

Default whv timeframe?

Don't know about the 23 mth one but our application took bout 10 mins to complete online. Took longer to access the payment site as it kept being unavailable. When i managed to pay and Mike tried straight after it was unavailable again. We had to kep trying. But we had it all saved in our account on the NZIS website so didn't lose it each time.

HTH.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default whv timeframe?

Hi Steve,

The atmosphere on the other side of the world must be affecting you some what ? ;)
    Well, he's upside down now he's in NZ and all the blood is rushing to his brain.

?Sorry, bad joke.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default whv timeframe?

Oh man!! Jeez, what a dozy dozy dozy watsit!! I think you changed avatar before post or I'd notice surely.
    Hmmmm who was it then, it must have been debd perhaps? Man!!!

MB have a pop for sure but surely you can remeber the thread we both contributed to so much, I remeber us both writing essays in quick succession to one poster asking questions on the subject.

Sorry Amy, a bit befuddled at the mo, forgive my stupidity.

Default whv timeframe?

Hi Stevey,

No worries I had a good wee chuckle at you [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]