Thread: YEEESSSS!!!!!!

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default YEEESSSS!!!!!!

It might seem like a small thing but after being questioned over a driving conviction I declared in my online WHV application. After leaving me to stew since Dec 7th, they've given me my WHV.

Outward travels been waived and I can work for anyone for up to 12 months. It's a huge weight of my mind and with the house sale stuttering and spluttering along at the same time as being on the brink of collapse, this is one less load off my mind so I'm really relieved and somewhat refocussed. Just the thought of spending a minimum of a year in NZ is a big enough thrill for me, even if I end up shoveling shit for a year (hope not tho :icon_biggrin: )
    I spoke to NZIS to confirm a few things, and spoke to expat from Gloucestershire who said she's been in AKL for 15 years and would NEVER leave and was actually gloating and mocking the fact it was cold where I was and not there. She did promise to save some sunshine for us tho for when we arrive, could have chatted all night, just makes me feel closer to NZ somehow. Sad eh?

I do have one question tho.....

If my family are coming with me on a visitors visa, unlike me will they need return tickets or onward travel tickets ot do you think we can blag that we're undecided as to where we're travelling to next?

Also, I'm a tiny bit concerned that all the paper work says you'll need to show this visa when you 'apply' for a work permit on arrival? What's that all about I thought it was just a stamp they gave you on the way through customs. Is it just that and they're maing it sound official.

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Default YEEESSSS!!!!!!

CONGRATS SteveyC!!!!!!!! [smiley=041.gif] [smiley=023.gif]

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default YEEESSSS!!!!!!

Congrats, Stevey. Hope it all moves forward for you now. Time to consider that maybe 2006 is going to be THE year for you.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

nattydread is offline God like figure

Default YEEESSSS!!!!!!

nice one mate..

it's all good..
    sorry i can't advise on the question of onward travel..
    i would guess they do need an onward ticket..

but hopefully i'm wrong.

Blog Entries

Default Re: YEEESSSS!!!!!!

If my family are coming with me on a visitors visa, unlike me will they need return tickets or onward travel tickets ot do you think we can blag that we're undecided as to where we're travelling to next?
    Unfortunately, I would say your parents would certainly need onward tickets. Don't think there's any way round it, unless someone knows better.
    Mother Bear

Unfortunately, I would say your parents would certainly need onward tickets. Don't think there's any way round it, unless someone knows better.
    Eh??? How many times have we spoken about my plans MB? My parents aren't coming...just my Wife and Children [smiley=icon_lol.gif] [smiley=icon_mrgreen.gif] [smiley=icon_lol.gif]

[smiley=icon_sad.gif]: Senility besets you I fear [smiley=icon_sad.gif]

jamesthecarman is offline Oh Masterful One

Default YEEESSSS!!!!!!

Itinerary my friend. You'll be fine. (PM'ing more details)

Blog Entries

Eh??? How many times have we spoken about my plans MB? My parents aren't coming...just my Wife and Children [smiley=icon_lol.gif] [smiley=icon_mrgreen.gif] [smiley=icon_lol.gif]

[smiley=icon_sad.gif] Senility besets you I fear [smiley=icon_sad.gif]
    You're probably right, Stevey. I think I'm starting to halucinate, as I seem to have read 'Parents' instead of 'Family'. Just put it down to delayed jetlag. [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]
    Mother Bear

Default YEEESSSS!!!!!!

hehe no probs. In theory whether it was my parents or my family, they'd still be visitors so an onward ticket may be required. I have a friend over here tho who stayed for a year in NZ after hopping to Oz and back. Assuming they knew they were gonna do that, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that they had a one way ticket at the time. Hmmm, think James' suggestion will do it tho.

Cheers

jamesthecarman is offline Oh Masterful One

Default YEEESSSS!!!!!!

All they want is proof of onward travel. So I guess a ticket to Aussie could do it. And then when you get there having a ticket to NZ.

But I like just having an itinerary. It's cheaper (like total cost of $0), and works better [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]