Thread: Work visa under sponsorship - can be revoke?

sikulka is offline Junior Member

Default Work visa under sponsorship - can be revoke?

Dear All,

I have a problem with NZ Work Visa under partnership category. I am Kiwi and my partner for 6.5 years is Czech, and she decide to separate with me to have another relationship with other man. We lodge an application for Work Visa and Permanent Residency on September 2011, she got the new work visa for a year and will expiry on October 2012 and for Permanent Residency still waiting for CO allocate.

My question is here, I am not responsible of her life anymore and also this is her wish, I would like to inform the NZ Immigration if I withdraw my sponsorship of her for Work Visa and PR application. As I concern, the Immigration will withdrawal the PR application directly and after I have no right to appeal the case.

How about the work visa, will the immigration will revoke it and she has to leave NZ because my sponsorship withdrawal, or she still can continue to live and work at NZ legally until her visa expire on October 2012?.

Thank in advance for all your help or comments.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I think this would be something that only INZ will be able to comment on. This is certainly not the first time that people with visa applications under the sponsorship category have split up. It could be that INZ will consider your former partner's job skills as being important to the country and may decide to let her stay by asking her to apply for a visa on her own. I can't see that you could continue with the residency application when you are no longer together because your relationship with her forms the basis of the application. Other than that, I wouldn't like to say if they would cancel her work visa. It is a difficult situation because you are her sponsor but can't act as a sponsor properly if you are no longer together. She may need to either get her own visa or INZ may ask her to leave the country unless her new partner can sponsor her. If you are concerned about her losing her job and having to leave NZ, this puts you in a difficult position.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

sikulka is offline Junior Member

Thank you so much Motherbear for the explanation. Now the situation is quite clear, she may stay at NZ until the visa expiry or her new partner can sponsor her (if they have time to convince immigration for genuine relationship requirement) or if INZ revoke the visa mean she has to leave the country. i would like to support her but legally not making any false statement to INZ. I am a New Zealander and after the split living at Melbourne Australia.

Omg.... become difficult for her maybe...

Once again thank you so much and please let me know if you have any other comment and I can share with her.