Thread: Studying on a Job Search Visa

smegle is offline Junior Member

Default Studying on a Job Search Visa

Hi there,

I am currently studying a Level 5 course which I am going to finish this year in May. I am planning to apply for a Graduate Job Search Visa which shouldn't be to hard to get. However, I am also playing with the idea to continue studying, so my question is: Am I able to study on a Job Search Visa? Or can I apply for a variation of conditions and study (part time)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

smegle

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Are you currently in NZ? According to this....

Can I apply for a Silver Fern Job Search visa when I'm in New Zealand?

No. You must be outside New Zealand when you apply, and for the duration of the application process.

...... you can't apply for the SF Job Search visa if you are. To apply for the SFJS visa, it looks like you would need a full time job offer so I'm not sure when you would be able to fit in further studying.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

smegle is offline Junior Member

So I found out that with the Graduate Job Search Visa I am going to have I am not allowed to study for longer than 3 month in a 12month period. Which is fine. But does anyone know if I be able to take up a distance learning course in the UK when on visa that doesn't allow me take up study in NZ? Or would I get into trouble when living in NZ, having a Graduate Job Search Visa, and doing an online course with a University in England?

jpegan Guest

As I work in tertiary online learning, I know the answer to this question!

If there's no visa requirement for you at the host institution offering the online course, you can enrol. Just use a non-NZ address for all correspondence. The program in which I teach has students from around the world, though we are in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by smegle View Post
    So I found out that with the Graduate Job Search Visa I am going to have I am not allowed to study for longer than 3 month in a 12month period. Which is fine. But does anyone know if I be able to take up a distance learning course in the UK when on visa that doesn't allow me take up study in NZ? Or would I get into trouble when living in NZ, having a Graduate Job Search Visa, and doing an online course with a University in England?