Thread: PR Partnership

Sabrushi is offline Junior Member

Default PR Partnership

Hello! First of all, I'd like to say I've been following this forum since I first came to this country 2 yrs ago.. It is so friendly and helpful!
    As I mentioned above, I first came to NZ on Dec '09 under a WHV, with my Irish-Aussie partner (we've been together for almost 3 yrs, of which 2 were travelling and living in this wonderful country) we were travelling for a while, and we finally settled down once my partner got a job in Auckland.
    Once his contract was over.. we decided to travel to Ireland.. (Oct '10) this was my first time meeting my partner's family and friends (I forgot to mention that we met on my country.. where he had the chance to meet my family and friends, as well..) Soon after coming from Ireland, my WHV was almost expiring, and since my partner was awaiting for a response regarding a new upcoming position.. I've decided that the best thing to do would be flying back to my country for a short visit, and then back here under a tourist visa. I ended up staying for 3 months! (Dec '10 - March '11), but of course we have proof that we've been in contact at all times.. Once back in NZ, we started to get all the documentation for my PR.. but after a couple of weeks, due to an unfortunate and very sad family situation, I had to flight back to my country straight away (I stayed for 2 months giving support to my family.. from May '11 - June '11) At this stage, since a lot of things were still pending.. and because I really didn't want to lose the whole academic year (one of the main reasons of getting a PR, was accessing to domestic fees) I applied for a student visa from my country, with the financial support of my partner (he also wrote a letter stating he was taking care of my accommodation) I was granted the student visa on late June.. and on July, I was finally back in NZ.. :) I've been studying and working since I arrived.. and my partner's been really busy at work! But after all this time, we've finally got all the documentation required.. i.e. police certificates/medicals/evidence of relationship.. etc.. and we are ready to apply for my PR, as soon as we come back from Sydney, on early January.. my question is, how long would it take to have it approved? Is there any reason to believe that we might have any sort of issues? (I'm slightly concerned about the fact that my partner hasn't had the chance to flight with me to my country, since the beginning of our relationship) Should we both write cover letters as support documentation?
    I'm pretty sure we have very solid evidence, but I really want to cover everything! So any suggestions, would be greatly appreciated..

Thank you so much! :)

Sabrina

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Sabrina, good to have you with us.

I think you and your partner have a lot of genuine history between you so I would hope there wouldn't be any problem proving your relationship. I really don't think it matters that your partner hasn't been able to visit your country to meet with your family again. It's the relationship between the 2 of you that matters. How long it will take for your application to be processed can depend on which INZ branch you are applying through because some branches are busier than others and, occasionally, other issues can come up that may delay an application. It could take several months but not knowing which branch you will be with, I can't give much of a timescale.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Sabrushi is offline Junior Member

Thanks MotherBear! :)

We live in Ponsonby, so we have to submit the application to the Auckland branch.. Hopefully it won't take that long to process!

Cheers!

Sabri

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

You can read about processing times for Auckland INZ on here .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.