Thread: INZ Singapore! Problematic?

kakiNZ is offline Member

Angry INZ Singapore! Problematic?

Hi there,

Is anyone could tell me what wrong with the INZ?

Until today, the decision on my work permit as Retail Assistant (foreign language interpreter) still could not be finalized. A further infomation has been requested after 2 weeks of the application and the supported letter has been given from my employer to INZ. But yet no decision!! Why is it so hard for the decision making for just a YES or NO! We cant just waiting indefinately!

And the worst thing is the case officer that handled my case had resigned and currently my case is handled by another case officer. The previous case officer emailed me that he will finalized the decision before last weekend, but on last Friday he told me that the decision cant be made due to further assessment and that's his last day with INZ Singapore and my case will be referred to the new case officer.

This is shocking and i think INZ officer is just trying to defer the decision and i do not understand what is their drawback?

If they cant approve the visa why don't they just decline it? If they have no reason to decline it, why dont they approve it or request for more infomation to support their decision to approve? But nothing has been asked or done after that, and decision cant be made. And they just let us waiting indefinately! This is so hard to understand.

Could anyone tell me what should or could i do about this? Can i file any complaint? To who i should complaint?

my head is spinning!

Any advice will be great! Thank you all...

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi,

How long has your application been in? According to this: Processing times - applications normally take 10 days, but allow up to two months if extra verification is required.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

kakiNZ is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Hi,

How long has your application been in? According to this: Processing times - applications normally take 10 days, but allow up to two months if extra verification is required.
    Hi Taffy,

I have sent in my application on Feb 24 until now. I have got the email from the new case officer and some further assessment needed to be done. This is my second time submitting the extra comment.

Here is what was written by my case officer:

• Based on the information stated in the Employer Supplementary Form, XXXXXXXXX placed advertisements in the Christchurch Press and Otago Times for four days over a period of less than two week between 15 and 27 December, as well as 11 and 22 December respectively, however, no evidence of these advertisements have been submitted.
    • Based on the previous bullet point, the advertising period in the news papers above seem to be rather short and it therefore does not appear to be a genuine attempt to recruit suitable New Zealand citizens or residence class visa holders as required by immigration instructions WK2.10.5.
    • We note your written response to our letter dated 16 March on the necessity of requiring a sales assistant to be able to speak English, Mandarin, Cantonese and Malay. The email written by XXXXXXXXXX states that the store is visited by tourists from around the world with at least half are from Chinese-speaking countries – many of whom speak little or no English. This explanation does not appear reasonable as many of these tourists appear to be accompanied by English speaking Tour Guides or someone who acts in a similar capacity. We understand language skills are beneficial to job however does not appear to be critical in the interaction between sales assistant and customer. We also need to consider the availability of New Zealand citizens or residence class visa holders with multi lingual skills.
    • Due to the recent events of the Christchurch Earthquake, the labour market has changed dramatically. Many New Zealand citizens and residents have lost their jobs and are actively in search of employment. The letter dated from WINZ is dated 20 January 2011 and the information is only valid for 30 days. Based on the previous bullet point and in light of recent events, along with the information we received from Ministry of Social Development (MSD), there are suitable people registered for this type of work and suitable people who could be trained for this type of work. Please comment.