Thread: advise needed urgently for our partnership based permit!!!

jcwk is offline Junior Member

Default advise needed urgently for our partnership based permit!!!

hi guys, i'm currently trying to sponsor my wife a working permit under the partnership category. but the problem is during 2008, i had successful sponsored my ex partner, which ran away one morning after she was granted her PR. i was the victim of the whole situation and i had then reported this to the INZ. they told me that there is nothing that they can do as the PR had been granted and can only put a note on our application and hope she is not eligible to renew her visa in 2 years time.

ok, now my situation is, i married a lovely lady which i've known for years, she's from Malaysia and now i'm trying to get her a temporary work permit and sit out my 5 years cool down period and then we'll go for her PR or citizenship. but my application will get declined soon as we received a letter from INZ saying that i am not eligible to sponsor her. i understand yes, that i had to wait till the end of next year to be eligible, but is there any other ways that i can work this out with them? i was the victim of a fraud to get PR from my ex partner which i already reported to INZ back in 2008 when she took off.

can someone advice me what should i do as i only have 2 weeks to get back to INZ before they send the love of my life away! thanks!

snapaenz is offline Junior Member

Default To jcwk

Very unfortunate, and my advice is too....

I think you will not be able to remedy this situation any time soon. No doubt you are a victim of circumstance, but this will not aleviate your cause. My only suggestion is that perhaps in some way your new wife is able to demonstrate her own ability to move to NZ. Perhaps you may have had an opportunity - given more time..... With such a short turn around time, i believe that your requests will fall on deaf ears. Sorry for not being able to give you the news you would like to hear. Best of luck.

Snapenz

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jcwk View Post
    hi guys, i'm currently trying to sponsor my wife a working permit under the partnership category. but the problem is during 2008, i had successful sponsored my ex partner, which ran away one morning after she was granted her PR. i was the victim of the whole situation and i had then reported this to the INZ. they told me that there is nothing that they can do as the PR had been granted and can only put a note on our application and hope she is not eligible to renew her visa in 2 years time.
    This is exactly what I was trying to explain to Sherminator regarding the reasons why INZ tends to be so strict on proving relationships and yet, desite this, some still do slip through the net.

Unfortunately, as you say, INZ may well hold you to their ruling about waiting 5 years before being allowed to sponsor again. They must make these rules for a reason, so I think you need to discuss your situation with them so they can look at your case on a one to one basis. Other than that, maybe employing a licensed immigration consultant may be an option as they will have more in depth knowledge of how to get around this although I wouldn't like to make any promises. It's a shame you left it so late to look into the matter.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.