Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No evidence but want her here

sherminator is offline Junior Member

Default No evidence but want her here

Hi All,

4 months ago I met a lovely lady in Jakarta indonesia and spent every night for the two weeks I was there hanging out with her at her restaurant/bar and we went out for dinner a couple of times, since then Ive been in touch with her for a couple of hours every day through Blackberry messenger.

Im 43 she is 30 and we are both very genuine and honest people, and im flying to Jakarta in April to marry her and am wanting to bring her back with me, the dilemma is that we have virtually no evidence of a relationship as we didnt take any pictures while I was there and have been communicating solely through blackberry messenger wich leaves no records.

I would say its pointless this being the case to apply for a partnership visa, what are my options from here, bring her over on a visitors visa and extended it out to 6 months while gathering enough evidence to apply for a partnership visa?

Any help very much appreciated thanks

Shermin.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi Shermin,

As you've said, getting her here on a visitor visa for as long as possible to prove you are in a stable relationship is the only means really for sponsorship. Other than that, I don't know if you meant 'her' restaurant, as in she owns it, but maybe a business visa is her other option!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi,

I'm not sure Immigration NZ would look upon such a relationship as stable and genuine on that evidence alone. This is a temporary work visa that is used by many people to get their partners into NZ where they can then set about proving their relationship by living together, but, as you haven't lived together or spent a lot of quality time together previously and have, basically, been conducting a long distance relationship, I would be concerned whether INZ would accept this. If they wouldn't, then a visitor visa would be the only option, as I see it, and then try to apply for the work visa under partnership (as above) after you have lived together for a while and have some concrete evidence to present to INZ.

This is the Guide to the Long Term Business Visa if your girlfriend would like to consider opening her own restaurant in NZ (if, as Taffy asks, she is a restauranteur in Jakarta and has business experience to offer).
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default Thanks

Thanks for getting back to me both of you, unfortunatly she doesnt own the restaurant ( I wish :) just a humble waitress. Yes ive been chatting with immigration via there website but they keep asking me to put the evidence I have forward but there not getting the point that there is no evidence to support a partner visa so I will have to go for a visitor visa and last e mail i had from them stated,

"You may choose to apply for a visitor visa rather than a work visa, however this will still need to be based on partnership. Whether you are married or not will not have much bearing on the application. If you are short of evidence it would be in your best interest to apply for the partnership visitor visa rather than the work visa as the criteria are not as strict."

My reply was..

"Everybody that answers seems to miss the point, there is no evidence to present of our partnership so it would be pretty pointless trying to get a visa with no evidence wouldnt it.

But your also telling me that now she cant even just visit New Zealand unless there is evidence of a partnership? do all people that want to visit New Zealand have to have evidence of a partnership??,,good grief I hope not there will be a lot of empty seats at the world cup!."

As you can see this is getting very frustrating.

Shermin.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure, but the partnership for a visitor visa thing may be because her country is a high risk visa country (I don't know it is, just a thought!) which means people coming from that country are a high risk of overstaying. You'll be emailing general help-desk staff who tend to be less than knowledgeable, so frustration is inevitable! I've not heard of a sponsored visitors visa before.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    I've not heard of a sponsored visitors visa before.
    I think this might be it, Taffy. Personally, I don't see the point of having a visit visa where a person can come into NZ for a limited stay and then have another visa where someone sponsors a visitor to come in other than, in the second case, the NZ sponsor has to agree to support the visitor. Maybe it's just for those visitors who can't prove they have sufficient funds to support themselves while they are in NZ.

Shermin, if your girlfriend has enough funds to prove she can support herself while she's in NZ, I would think she could get her own visit visa without having to prove a genuine and stable relationship.

If I can explain what I believe is behind all this 'proving a relationship' it might help you see why INZ is being hard on it. I think there may have been problems in the past where some unscrupulous 'partners' have used NZ citizens or residency holders purely to get visas where they wouldn't normally be able to get one on their own. These people seek a better life than the one they already have in their own country. Once they safely have residency, they often dump their partner and make their own separate lives. I must say I have seen this for myself in other countries and can understand that it is a problem in some cases. Unfortunately, because of these people, others have to suffer these rules but, at the same time, it does act as a safeguard to help protect those who may be at risk, so don't think too harshly about INZ. I have seen the effects of this type of scam and it's heartbreaking. It may be that you will have to take some time to gather more substantial evidence of your partnership before proceeding.
    Mother Bear

till is offline Senior Member

Shermin, if your girlfriend has enough funds to prove she can support herself while she's in NZ, I would think she could get her own visit visa without having to prove a genuine and stable relationship.
    As long as she can convince INZ of having incentives to return to her home country, for example evidence of employment, as set out in the check list for Visitor Visas (from here: Jakarta checklists).
    Otherwise she might end up getting granted a Limited Visa (formerly known as Limited Purpose Visa) instead, which can't be changed nor extended, so that she would have to fly back home, which would make the intended Partnership Work Visa application process more complicated.
    04/11/09 - EOI selected (125 points, no job offer)
    30/11/09 - Decision successful
    09/12/09 - ITA received
    23/12/09 - Application submitted
    03/03/10 - Case officer assigned (requested more documents)
    05/03/10 - Job offer secured (IT)
    12/03/10 - Work permits issued (1 year ISSL, 1 year partnership)
    13/04/10 - INZ Interview (re relationship)
    22/05/10 - Approved in Principle
    04/06/10 - Residence Permits issued

Default still difficult

Thanks for the advice all, thing is she will have to finish her work to come here so there wont be any letter of employment from her employee as theres no way she can get three months off.

I have remembered that I have about two months of texting between us on my phone record before we switched to blackberry messenger so thats something I guess, Plus the $700 i sent her by western union reciept.

I wish they had never done away with the Fiancee visa.

Shermin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sherminator View Post
    I wish they had never done away with the Fiancee visa.
    Was there such a thing? Can't say I've heard of it although there is still a Partnership Visa that covers what would be the same thing, but that's when you come up against the living together for 12+ months requirement.
    Mother Bear

Default No Option but to go for partnership visa

Below is the minimum requirements for partnership visa and we at least meet these. will add a covering letter to explain that I have my passport showing i was in jakarta 5 months ago for two weeks and three months of texting records before we switched to blackberry and the reciept for the western union money i sent her, i think its best I do it by the book rather than try to get her in on a visitors visa.

F2.15 Minimum requirements for the recognition of partnerships

Partnerships will only be recognised for the purposes of these instructions if:

1. the couple are both aged 18 years or older at the time that the application for a residence class visa was lodged; or
    2. (if one or both of the parties to the partnership are aged 16 years or older but are less than 18 years of age at the time their application for a residence class visa is lodged), they have the support of the parent(s) or guardian(s) of that (those) party(ies); and
    3. the couple have met prior to the date the application under these instructions is made; and
    4. the couple are not close relatives.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast