Thread: Sufficient evidence of genuine relationship

gowutheo is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Sufficient evidence of genuine relationship

Ive been dating for 3 months now and have the following as evidence of a stable relationship:
    we have much money transfers occurring between us,we have already paid for a place to live together after marriage,we have many mails to show how stable our relationship is,we also have many test messages.
    with these evidences,what are the chances then in securing a one yr permit?.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

I'm afraid what constitutes suitable evidence is very much down to the case officer that handles your case. They will want to see all the evidence you have to make a decision. If you've never lived together or have spent little to no time together, then I doubt what you have would be enough. While your relationship may be genuine, nothing you have (in my personal opinion) would suggest it's stable as you have not lived together or spent a long period of time together, both of which can make or break a relationship.

To be honest, I think you might be better off taking some professional advice if your future depends on it, as you have a very borderline situation. In my experience, I think you will have problems, but I'm not a professional so could well be wrong.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

gowutheo is offline Junior Member

Default evidence of a stable relationship

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    I'm afraid what constitutes suitable evidence is very much down to the case officer that handles your case. They will want to see all the evidence you have to make a decision. If you've never lived together or have spent little to no time together, then I doubt what you have would be enough. While your relationship may be genuine, nothing you have (in my personal opinion) would suggest it's stable as you have not lived together or spent a long period of time together, both of which can make or break a relationship.

To be honest, I think you might be better off taking some professional advice if your future depends on it, as you have a very borderline situation. In my experience, I think you will have problems, but I'm not a professional so could well be wrong.

thanks Taffy,
    we are actually getting married after living together in our rented house in nz for one month.
    Then after 1 month,I will then apply for the permit.The intention is actually not to apply immediately I arrive.We will spend a month together before I put in my application.
    How abt that folks?

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

That's good, the more evidence you have, the stronger your case will be!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.