Thread: please help quick! partnership reference letters

lovesbeatles is offline Junior Member

Default please help quick! partnership reference letters

Hi,

So just a little background about my somewhat sticky situation. I'm currently on a whv (from the States) which expires on the 18 of November. The work visa I submitted looks certain to be denied so I'm doing a quick turn around and going to submit a partnership based one ASAP. My partner and I have been together for nearly 2 years and due to education/work comitments have not lived together yet, though we have our new flat sorted and ready to move in to together in a few weeks. The not living togehter is why I originally decided agaisnst the partnership based one but find myself with no other option.

I reckon I've got a good handle on what I need to submit as evidence but I'm hoping for some advice on the reference letters. Who immigration wants to hear from/takes the most seriously? What info should they contain? How long they should be? etc etc.

Really need for my application to be flawless so anything you can tell me would be much appreciated, about the reference letters as well as any other advice would be welcome.

Cheers!!

also, have started to sort through pictures and find myself unsure of which/how many to include?? Thanks!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

What is your partner's visa/citizenship status?

Re the photos, only 2 or 3 would be needed, I'd imagine. INZ wouldn't want to be swamped . Just enough to show you and your partner together, preferably at different times if there is a date facility on there.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

he's an NZ citizen finishing his masters in Auckland while I work in Wellington

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Under this type of partnership visa it says you need to be living together at the time of the application.

Your partner is a New Zealand citizen or resident

You must show that you are living together with your partner in a genuine and stable relationship at the time the application is made. Your partner must:

* be eligible to sponsor you for residence under our Partnership policy within 12 months of your intended date of arrival in New Zealand
    * meet the character requirement for partners supporting partnership-based temporary entry applications’
    * intend to be in New Zealand for the period you apply for in your application
    * provide a completed Form for partners supporting partnership based temporary entry applications (INZ 1146) PDF.

If you have been in this relationship for a year or more, we may grant you a work visa or permit that allows you to stay for up to a maximum of two years.

I would suggest trying to gather as much coroborating evidence of your relationship as you can, spread over a period of time. Just enough to show you have been in the partnership long term. I don't think INZ would be looking for bulk evidence, only a few pieces of solid material that leave no doubt you and your partner are together in a genuine and stable relationship (to quote INZ ).

Some suggestions for proving a relationship although quite a few of these wouldn't apply as you aren't living together and don't have shared household expenses.

Evidence about whether the partnership is genuine and stable* may include but is not limited to, original or certified copies of documents and any other information such as:

a marriage certificate for the parties;
    a civil union certificate for the parties;
    birth certificates of any children of the parties;
    evidence of communication between the parties;
    photographs of the parties together;
    documents indicating public recognition of the partnership (e.g. greetings cards addressed to both of you, letters from friends or family mentioning you both or any other; documents that have both your names on them)
    evidence of the parties being committed to each other both emotionally and exclusively such as evidence of:
    joint decision making and plans together
    sharing of parental obligations
    sharing of household activities
    sharing of companionship/spare time
    sharing of leisure and social activities
    presentation by the parties to outsiders as a couple.
    evidence of being financially interdependent such as evidence of
    shared income
    joint bank accounts operated reasonably frequently over a reasonable time
    joint assets
    joint liabilities such as loans or credit to purchase real estate, cars, major home appliances
    joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, water, telephone)
    mutually agreed financial arrangements.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.