Thread: recoment where to start working holiday and with who

ross75 is offline Junior Member

Default recoment where to start working holiday and with who

hi ageing folks ok things are starting to look dull for me over here even more dull woud u recoment a website that will help me get work placement over in nz so i can renew my pasport get my visa have 1000 in my pocket and just get out and not look back :)

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ross75 View Post
    hi ageing folks ...
    Not necessarily. I may be ageing, but a lot of folks on here are quite young.

Firstly, I don't think you need a job offer to renew your passport unless you're a kiwi and want to do it back home, but then you wouldn't be talking about getting a visa. Secondly, I don't know how much you know about getting into NZ but it ain't that easy. You would need certain skills the country needs and a skilled job offer before you could apply for a work visa. If you want a quick fix (and it sounds like you want to get out of where you are now in a hurry) you could try applying for a Working Holiday Visa if you're 30 years old or under (and I guess you must be if you reckon the rest of us are ageing) . This is only for a temporary stay in NZ. As you talk in pounds sterling, I'll assume you are currently in the UK.

I can't tell from your post if you want to go to NZ temporarily or permanently and whether you have any job skills and qualifications, so we need to know more about your situation before going any further.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

hi mother bear im 19. 20 soon i live in scotland as i have been told by my family working holiday visa is easy to get its the finding a job part thats hard down to the fact that all the web sites i have been on that have any thing to do with working holiday cost alot of money could u recomend to me a few sites that deal with aukland or christchurch area :) also if my family over there has a busness can i get enployment with them for the year? sorry for the lack of info on the first post i was in a rush :P but get back to me when u can :)

also im going over temp to start and looking to get a sponser but that can only be acheved by proveing my worth :)

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ross75 View Post
    .... could u recomend to me a few sites that deal with aukland or christchurch area :)
    I don't know of any job sites that deal with those areas particularly but the link I gave you in a previous thread is geared to people on WHVs. Many of the other job sites are looking for permanent employees rather than temps. Can you get any assistance from your family/friends who are already in NZ? They would be the best ones to help out as they are 'on the ground'.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

ok mother bear thanks for the link :) that is the same site i am doing my visa with i must have mised those links im still to arange some stuff over there with family and the company i curently enployed with has brancheys over in NZ so if they keep me on il be saveing for a year (not telling them my plans :P) but puteing in for a transfer if i get a no il leave and start my self in NZ