Thread: Whv

ross75 is offline Junior Member

Default Whv

what woud be the best kind of work do do when im over there and i just got my job back in uk so i will be there in a yea /cheer! i canot w8 to travel there meet family/frends that i met on the internet :) eny good tips for me like to i need maliria pills and can i buy a car and insure it over there and drive with my uk lisance ? thanks

ross lamont :)

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

If you're on a WHV, the work you need to look for is casual e.g. working on farms on in the agriculture/viticulture line which is seasonal as is working in the tourist industry. There are other types of jobs that are temporary so it's a case of looking around to see what's available.

This page has some useful links for people on a WHV.

And, no, you shouldn't need malaria pills . Yes, you can buy a car and insure it. You can also drive it on a UK license for up to 1 year after you arrive. Then you would need to change over to a NZ license, which should be very straight forward as you already have a UK license.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

ross75 is offline Junior Member

thanks for the info im looking into the work part now as i wana see frends and see family :D