Thread: Couple want to be together: Working Holiday Visa and Visitor Visa

livelife2learn is offline Junior Member

Default Couple want to be together: Working Holiday Visa and Visitor Visa

I am an Indian female living in Mumbai,India and my fiance is English (UK) lives presently in London,UK. He would be making a separate application for Working Holiday Visa.I will be supported financially by him.That's it.

He isn't from NZ so no sponsoring and all that.
    What would be the documents and forms to be necessary to be filled by both of us individually. Do we need to fill NZ 1146 or NZ 1025 ?

Do we need to apply on the basis of partnership? What is basis of partnership?

We haven't lived 12 months together in one roof.
    We do not plan to stay more than nine months in NZ.
    We are planning to get married out there.
    Last edited by livelife2learn; 06-09-2010 at 03:00 AM.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

This is the WHV for a UK application. I don't think you would be covered under this as a partner as there is not facility for sponsorship with this type of visa. As you probably already know, making your own application wouldn't be possible as India is not included in the NZ WHV scheme. Instead I believe you would need to apply for a visit visa for yourself. I have hunted around but can't find anything to verify this but maybe, if your application is linked to that of your partner, your visit visa can be made for the same length of time or at least extended for the duration of his WHV. I really don't know. The INZ website doesn't mention partners of WHV applicants (unless I have just missed it) which isn't very helpful. It only talks about not bringing children with you. Some time ago one of our members wanted to take his wife and children with him when he went to NZ on a WHV. However, he intended to stay long term in NZ and he wanted to find a permanent job. He entered NZ on his WHV and the rest of the family went in on visit visas. Of course, once he found a job and got a job offer, his wife was able to get her own work permit to allow her to stay. So, in that respect, the circumstances are different.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

livelife2learn is offline Junior Member

Default Applying Visitor Visa with Financial Support from Fiance

Mother Bear : Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry for confusion. I didn't mention that I am looking forward to go on visitor visa only. I doubt if there is any other alternative.

I do not wish to work as I am interested to do more touristy stuff, might be doing preparation for our marriage & might take up simple evening classes (which they allow). My fiance does not need to really work. Although he would apply for WHV just so that he doesn't get bored.

I understand that maximum on Visitor Visa I will be able to stay 9 months whereas he would get for 12 months on WHV. If we both can stay for 9 months is good enough.(It is very unlikely they give more that is what I understand.Correct me if I am wrong.)

I wish to go on a Visitor Visa, ONLY the financial maintenance would be shown by my fiance. We are confused on what forms to fill up apart from NZ1017. What documents to give them so that they can verify his financial credibility? If any letter is necessary from his end saying that he would be taking care of my expenses during my stay in NZ.

Is there any necessity to fill NZ 1146 or NZ 1025 ?
    Last edited by livelife2learn; 06-09-2010 at 03:01 AM.