Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Work to Residence

  1. #1
    ravi2010 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Unhappy Work to Residence

    hi everyone,

    I need help...I applied for PR under skilled migration. after the final interview i was told that i will be offered work t residence. Now my questions are,

    - how long will it take for immigration to stamp my passport? its already one week now since i lodged my passprt.

    - any ideas on how much time i will be given?

    - is it that after 3 months i can lodge for my pr or i have to go from EOI again?

    I am totally lost now...please help

  2. #2
    MotherBear's Avatar
    MotherBear is offline The missing link
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries


    In here it says....

    6. Residence and Work to Residence visas and permits

    If you meet our criteria, and we believe you will settle successfully and contribute to New Zealand, we will offer you a residence visa or permit.

    If we think you have potential, but want to see how you settle, we will give you a work to residence visa or permit, which you can use to help obtain an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand for up to nine months. If you obtain skilled employment in this time you will have shown your ability to settle and contribute, and your residence application will be approved.

    Please remember that an SMC Work to Residence visa or permit is an opportunity to seek skilled employment in New Zealand. It is not a guarantee of work, a job offer or of residence. Immigration New Zealand advises against the sale of assets, the termination of children’s schooling, and the shipping of household items to New Zealand until an applicant’s residence status is fully clarified.

    What this is saying is that you have up to 9 months to look for and get a job offer. I also believe INZ would like to see you work in this job for a minimum of 3 months before they consider giving you PR. I can't say how long INZ will take to put the visa in your passport because each branch is different depending on how busy they are but I don't think it should take long. If you find a job within the 9 month period, you shouldn't need to fill in another EOI. This WTR visa is only to confirm to INZ that you can find a job and settle well in NZ. The WTR visa is usually given to people who don't have a job offer yet.
    Mother Bear

    Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

  3. #3
    ravi2010 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010


    thanks motherbear...this is very helpful

Similar Threads

  1. Residence or Work to Residence?
    By pepiz in forum Expression of Interest (EOI) Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 07:35 AM
  2. work to residence visa - Time allowed to start work
    By subh in forum General NZ Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-09-2008, 02:09 AM
  3. Work Permit / PR / Work to Residence - Whats the difference??
    By hotspot in forum Expression of Interest (EOI) Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 15-07-2008, 09:45 PM
  4. Work To Residence?
    By Col44 in forum General NZ Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 21-06-2005, 12:49 AM
  5. Work to residence?
    By kim4mich in forum General NZ Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2004, 11:54 PM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21