Thread: Need help !!!

myownrulez is offline Junior Member

Default Need help !!!

Hi,
    am from India. I have checked on the NZ website and found that both my skills as well as my spouse's skill falls under the LTSS (Long Term Skill Shortage). Can we apply for a Work Visa fron India to come to NZ to search for a job in the same skills??
    Both of us do not have a job offer yet
    Am a 3D Artist and my wife is in the IT

Anyone please help !!!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by myownrulez View Post
    Can we apply for a Work Visa fron India to come to NZ to search for a job in the same skills??
    Hi, I'm afraid you can't apply for a work visa until you have a suitable job offer so that is what must come first. You may be able to come to NZ on a visit visa and look for work, although it would be best not to let immigration know that is why you have come here.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default Thank you

Hi MotherBear,

Thank you for your reply. I have seen in some of the job postings which says "only candidates with a valid work permit can apply". Will they still consider?? also there is one more thing that I wanted to ask. I have a dependent visa and my wife is the primary applicant, can I travel alone to NZ if my spouse for some reason was not able to travel ? will the visa stamping on my passport indicate that I have a dependent visa ?? Please help !!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by myownrulez View Post
    I have seen in some of the job postings which says "only candidates with a valid work permit can apply".
    Yes, I've heard of this previously and I'm not sure if this isn't a ploy by some NZ companies to deter foreign applicants because they would prefer a kiwi to do the job. They should know it's not possible for someone to apply for a work permit (unless it is as a result of one's spouse having been granted a visa) unless they have a job offer first.

When you say you have a dependent's visa, I don't understand how you could have this if you haven't progressed an application yet unless you are using this as an example?
    Mother Bear

Default Hi

Hi MotherBear,
    We are applying for a visit visa to NewZealand. My spouse will be the primary applicant as her cousin is sponsoring us. I just wanted to know if it is possible that I, with a dependent visa can travel alone to NZ without the primary applicant (in case my spouse is not be able to travel for some reason) ?? Also, if I get a dependent visa will it be mentioned in my passport that I have a dependent visa ?? Please let me know.

Thanks..

Blog Entries

I imagine there could possibly be a problem if you activate your visit visa before your wife because she would have a visa for a certain length of time which should match yours. If it was possible for you to travel to NZ ahead of her, you would use up part of the allocated time whereas her visa would still have the full time left to run on it. I don't know if a visit visa has a time limit on using it before it becomes invalid. If it does, your wife could have a problem if she delays travelling to NZ for too long. I can't see anything on the Visitorís Visa/Permit Guide about this situation which isn't very helpful.
    Mother Bear

Default Thank You

Hi MotherBear,
    Thanks a ton for your help !!!!!!!