Hokey Pokey ice cream is the best in the world
    Kiwis are so positive, proud and optimistic
    Nothing is impossible
    Smiling is mandatory

over to the others.....

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I don't yet live in NZ but have visited 3 times now and not merely as a tourist as we have a home there.

I've found that...

..kiwis are often very kind, friendly and helpful to strangers if you're prepared to be friendly back to them.

..staff in stores (and my experience has been largely with Bunnings and Mitre 10 through doing work on our house) actually know all about the products they sell and even how to use them. We were very impressed, at least in the Hamilton stores.

..you can buy tasty takeaway food for very reasonable prices.

..bread products can be very soft and fresh-tasting and stay that way for days (no doubt pumped full of preservatives?).

..I can pass the time of day with shop assistants/cashiers who often make time for a few words of greeting, which makes me feel like I'm visible and have worth as a person instead of being ignored.

..the traffic is rarely a problem if you avoid the peak periods and even they aren't that bad.

..the house-buying process is relatively simple and straightforward and lawyers (solicitors) don't make things more complicated (and expensive) than they need to be.

..although I've been warned that kiwis in business can be slow to perform, our dealings with them through planning/having major work done on our house have been brilliant, so far. They have been very professional and a pleasure to deal with or have we just been lucky that they may have been pushed for work during these difficult times?

I could go on. Maybe I see things a bit differently because of where we currently live and the fact that some things are more difficult to achieve here, but I'd like to think others would agree with much of what I've found in NZ.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.