Thread: New World on top downunder

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default New World on top downunder

New World rated best by shoppers
    NZPA | Saturday, 09 February 2008

New World is No. 1 with supermarket shoppers, according to a recent satisfaction survey.

Pak'n Save got the lowest rating, despite having the lowest prices out of the stores.

The results of the survey are in the latest Consumer Magazine. Nearly 8000 respondents gave ratings on the range of goods, queuing times, customer service, store presentation, layout, and their overall shopping experience.

Pak'n Save rated below average in all four categories ? product range, queuing times, helpful staff and shopping environment.

And for overall shopping experience, Pak'n Save shared the lowest ranking with Foodtown.

However, New World rated above average in all four categories. "Clean, efficient, high turnover of goods resulting in excellent quality, most helpful, co-operative staff, excellent layout," the article's author Bev Frederikson said.

From here .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

So THAT'S why I shop at the most expensive supermarket in New Zealand

KiwiHopeful is offline God like figure

Strange ...

When I saw the headline my first thought was 'Only if you don't like a good selection and like high prices and waiting in line.' Maybe it's just here in Chch, but I find the Pak 'n' Save has a wider range of goods than NW, and I've *never* been more than the second person in line at the checkout--usually there are plenty of open checkstands, so I just roll right up to the cashier. The NW's here are all too small, too expensive, and have long lines.

But don't even get me started on Countdown ... the lines there are always miles long!
    EOI Submitted: July 20, 2006
    EOI Selected: August 2, 2006
    ITA Received: October 12, 2006
    ITA Submitted: February 2, 2007
    Migrant Levy Paid & Visas Shipped: June 6, 2007
    Arrived in NZ: July 26th, 2007
    Leaving NZ: June 1st, 2008

Blog Entries

Seriously KH?? It really must just be ChCh then, cos our New World here is ace Can usually walk straight to an empty checkout, selection is good and I don't find the prices are actually that high. We've tried Pak 'N' Save, which we've now renamed Pak 'N' Rage so we won't be going there again - didn't even find them that much cheaper Foodtown is pretty good here too, although they don't sell Mcvities Chocolate Digestives there, so they are usually not my first port of call Never really tried Countdown but you've just put me off saying about the long queues, so think I'll stick to New World

KiwiHopeful is offline God like figure

The NW's here are all really small ... our Pak 'n' Save on Moorehouse is probably about twice the size of the largest NW. I will admit that NW does have a better selection of 'imported' foods (like Asian spices and int'l chocolates) but I find that stuff to be outrageously expensive there. A Green & Blacks chocolate bar costs something like $14, and I get all my Asian stuff at either Asian Food Warehouse, Moshem's, or the Korean grocery on the edge of the city.

There are two things I usually buy at NW--Little Boys' Sausages and Kapiti Coast ice cream. No one else in town seems to carry either of them.

Is there a mega-NW in Hamilton?
    EOI Submitted: July 20, 2006
    EOI Selected: August 2, 2006
    ITA Received: October 12, 2006
    ITA Submitted: February 2, 2007
    Migrant Levy Paid & Visas Shipped: June 6, 2007
    Arrived in NZ: July 26th, 2007
    Leaving NZ: June 1st, 2008

Blog Entries

Yeah KH, they built a 'European style' NW in Ham about 2 years ago. It's big, clean & stocks a good selection of stuff. I agree with you about some things being more expensive in there, but I'm not a great person to 'shop around', I like to get all my stuff in one place and NW fits the bill. IMO, I just think that if you're going to drive around, shopping at 3 or 4 different places to get your stuff at cheaper prices, you're going to spend what you save on shopping in petrol - unless you're within walking distance of your 3 or 4 different shops of course

The NW in Ngaruawahia where we live is a different matter - not clean, not well stocked and usually queues, but it's a lot smaller and in a less affluent area, so I guess it comes down to where you live