Thread: 'Why?' is the question we should be asking

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default 'Why?' is the question we should be asking

New Zealanders most likely to hunt bomb recipes
    5:00AM Monday June 04, 2007

Internet users in New Plymouth and Auckland are the keenest in the world to find recipes for making bombs, according to a leading counter-terrorism expert.

Nicholas O'Brien, a former Scotland Yard terrorism expert, told a security conference in Sydney yesterday that the popular internet search engine Google had recorded an extraordinary number of NZ-based searches for bomb-making techniques, the West Australian newspaper reported.

Professor O'Brien, from Charles Sturt University in NSW, said data provided by Google's online statistics web page, Google Trends, showed Auckland and New Plymouth recorded the highest volume of per capita hits for the search term "make bombs" of any cities in the world.

New Plymouth was ranked first, then Auckland, and then Perth. Brisbane was the fourth highest ranked city for that search term, followed by Auckland's North Shore, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Halifax (Canada) and Salt Lake City (Utah).

- NZPA, STAFF REPORTER

From here .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

ShellBda is offline Oh Masterful One

Okay, so Auckland and Plymouth are off of my list! I'll say it again "Why?". Anybody? I would have thought that if someone was going to provide a statistic such as this one that they would research it further to find out "Why?" there is so much interest in making bombs! A good reason would go a long way in helping me to decide where to look for a job, or what side of the street to walk on! Maybe stories about Marge the cow just don't do it for some internet surfers.

Maybe this forum is being monitored! Imagine the reports they could write! lol

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Someone (or several someones) somewhere must be doing something with all this information. If they were looking up cooking recipes I could understand and applaud it, but......... bombs? That's mega bad news. Some day, some time, someone is going to ask 'How the hell could this have happened?' when there's a major incident. I'd have thought now is the time to investigate BEFORE something happens.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

I have to chuckle at the ads that Google throws up that it sees as being relative to our postings on here.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.