Thread: What went on in January?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default What went on in January?

I just happened to browse through the stats archive as I keep an eye on how we're doing from time to time and was somewhat to see such a big jump from December's stats to January's. Did I miss something or was it because I was safely offline, moving house, and they thought it was OK to come out? Perhaps the hit counter had had a bit too much of the falling down water over New Year and went berserk?

I can't believe we had over 1 million hits and no party.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Carl is offline Member

1 million! Whoa, New Years resolution much! I think its cuz this is the best forum on the WHOLE internet! Not to mention, I think my wife is finally getting used to the idea that MAYBE MAYBE one day EVENTUALLY, we can move to NZ, and she got a little zealous in reading up on it!

well, until we get there, everybody party on your own! thats what were doin!

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

We've come close to the million a few times recently, December is always a bit quieter due to the extended holiday period, then when people in the northern hemisphere realise that all the fesitivities are done with, and all they have to look forward to is the rest of winter , then they all want to move abroad!!

Glad you think this forum is the best on the WHOLE internet Carl Makes it all worthwhile!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Carl is offline Member

No way Taffy, thank YOU! Im just glad i stumbled upon this site!

Maggiemoo is offline Senior Member
    Salisbury UK (was Tauranga NZ from 06/06 to 05/07)

Might also have had something to do with the BBC starting a new series of their "Wanted Down Under" programme. One episode of it had an interview with the owners of a very similarly named website, maybe that helped to boost the "viewing" figures and membership of this site too?? Just a thought!

Maggie xx