Thread: Katies adventure

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Default Katies adventure

Katie and Hugo went off on an adventure last night. Hugo came back wet and dirty to his knees. Katie on the other hand.........

'I didn't do nuffin! The pond just threw a load of dirty water at me - honest!'
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

loopylu is offline Member

Haha... she's going to get away with everything with that adorable face... and I for one believe Katie 100%... most definitely the pond's fault
    Arrived in New Zealand on WHV on 5th Feb '08.

Facebook ID: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=704762406

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Oh Katie! Where's all that beautiful fluffiness gone?

I guess a Newfie has to do what a Newfie has to do and that means 'swim', even if it is in mucky water .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Blog Entries

She's fluffy again now MB, but didn't enjoy her bath much! She went for her second lot of jabs this morning and was a very good girl. She now weighs 14.2kg that's nearly 3kg gained in a fortnight :] Once it's safe for her to go out, I'm taking her to the studio with me so she can be a friend for the kids. I'm sure for the first few weeks no one will want to do any drama or dance, they'll all be fussing the puppy! She'll be a good mascot though eh? A pretty sound investment to make us stand out from the crowd I feel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I'm sure for the first few weeks no one will want to do any drama or dance, they'll all be fussing the puppy!
    Yes, it's certain that there'll be more fussing than dancing going on.

Here's piccies of my feline version of Katie. He's come back from boarding at the vet's quite a bit heavier because there was no facility for exercising there. Poor soul was quite traumatised after being banged up in a small cage for nearly 5 weeks (4 days longer than necessary because the vet wanted the cats in early so she could go camping (her maid feeds them) and then, when we arrived back, she was in the UAE for a couple of days so that delayed their return home. I think we'll be looking for somewhere else to board them next time .
    Mother Bear

Blog Entries

I know you were worried about him so, glad you have him home now. Has he forgiven you yet? Ours usually hold out for at least a tin of mackerel before they stop giving us the cold shoulder

Blog Entries

Fortunately there was no cold shoulder for us. On the contrary, he's stuck like glue to us and seems to need constant loving and reassurance, which is odd for him as he's normally quite independent. He's very weak after nearly 5 weeks trapped in a small (for him) cage. I don't think he was let out for exercise because they were afraid they couldn't get him back into his cage again. He's been badly hurt by various people over the years, including vets, and consequently will lash out if they try to get near him. He used to scale high walls without trouble but can barely manage much lower objects now. His muscle weakness is compounded by the extra weight he's now carrying. He needs to get in training to restore his strength and confidence.

Luckily, his sister, Purdey, who is smaller and more laid back, seems to be fine other than being a bit clingy, which isn't unusual for her. Her clinginess is more food-oriented as she's always terrified that we might be opening a tin for her and she might miss the opportunity to graze if she's not around at the time.
    Mother Bear

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Poor Chunky. I hope he's doing better by now. I'm relieved to find that Purdey is still with us. When you didn't mention her originally, I thought perhaps that she had died. ...In that photo, she resembles a cat we had when I was growing up. Half a bandit mask - ah, kitty memories.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s