Thread: I am still alive!

ShellBda is offline Oh Masterful One

Default I am still alive!

Hi there, I am still hanging around! Sorry for my long absence. The last 6 or more months have been very busy. I now find myself moving house. Not something you want to do when planning to move to NZ in a year but there is one house in my neighborhood - directly across from me - that has ruined it for the rest of us. Fighting, swearing, drugs, police raids - you name it! I know that there are problems everywhere but if I moving means giving me a little peace and removing my son from this atmosphere then I am all for it.

I have had been sick for the past 2 days and last night, while I was feeling sorry for myself, I sent a text to Bermy Girl and said "Do you want to go to NZ?". She sent me a text back that said "Why? When? How about Sept?". It is no wonder we are such good mates! So, we are planning another trip! I need a break and I need some NZ air to jump start me and remind me what my goals are.

I was going to make this very short and post a couple of pictures but, some things never change. Just a couple of pictures of my little boy, one of me in NZ last year with 2 friends and one of me showing off!

Again, sorry for getting lost. Facebook certainly hasn't helped!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

Hey Shell.

Glad to have you back with us- sounds like you have been busy. Me and MB were just talking about you the other day- wondering where you had got to and if you were still planning on moving to NZ etc, guess we can now stop wondering.

Well there's prob a lot happened since you were last here- you'll have lots to catch up on.

I am now in NZ- we have now been in Wellington for 5 weeks and feels like home already.I'm not going to hi-jack your thread so i'll leave it at that.

Hope you can stick around for a while.

Beth
    Flights booked for 24th March 2008!
    Landed in Wellington 26th March 2008!!

Job Offer Received 9th July 2008!

Temp Work Permit application submitted 11th July 2008!
    Temp Work Permit approved 4th August 2008!

EOI Submitted 11th July 2008!
    EOI Selected 16th July 2008!
    EOI 'Successful' 1st August 2008!
    ITA Received 8th August 2008!
    ITA Aplication accepted 26th September!

APROVED in Principle 10th June 2009!!!!
    Residency Visa issued 7th July 2009!!!!!

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

I am going to welcome you back to the forum in a minute, but first things first...... How adorable is your son?? He's the cutest little thing! You must be a very proud mum

Anyway, now the welcome back - Welcome Back! We've missed you and your zany sense of humour - although Dawn keeps us quite nicely amused as well

Hope to see more of you on here and glad you are planning another trip back to NZ!

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Ayup me duck!! Long time no hair - I mean no hear tut! Shame on you! Where have you been and what have you been doing? The reasons you give in your post are simply not good enough. I reckon you just can't be arsed

You are vair vair brave to post photos of yourself showing off. I couldn't do this. I would think that peeps would think I like looking at mesen and I actually don't like looking at mesen vair much at all. I find it hard to look in the mirror for long wivout wincing muchly

Your lil boy looks much bigger - I assume you must have been encouraging his growth by feeding him and stuff like that. Vair good. This means you have been taking your responsibility as a parent seriously. You should receive several gold stars for your committment but I, unfortunately, am not qualified to distribute them coz I am a mere mortal and not a gold star giverer. The Tafmeister, being a Demigod, may have been entrusted with gold star giving ability but I don't rightly know for I have not conversed with him on this subject in recent times. Actually, I never have. Can't think why.

Anyway, rate glad you're considering another oceanic trip and rate glad you've found the time to say 'ayup chucks' to us all
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hey Shell, good to see you're still alive and well! Maybe if you're having another trip to NZ we can actually get to meet this time!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Careful mentioning Facebook around Taffy - he stamps his little feet and curses when he thinks of how many have been seduced away from the forum

Your son is definitely a cutie. Good call to get him away from those awful neighbors.

Glad to find you're still with us
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

ShellBda is offline Oh Masterful One

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Hey Shell, good to see you're still alive and well! Maybe if you're having another trip to NZ we can actually get to meet this time!
    I am hanging in there! I told BermyGirl that we must try to meet up with you. Again, we are only going to be in NZ for about 10 days.

All the best.
    God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.