Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welshgirl goes zorbing!

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Welshgirl goes zorbing!

Just thought I would show you a few pics of the famous kiwi zorbing. Best fun I've had in a long time!

We did a hydrozorb, where the ball gets filled with soapy water before you get rolled down the hill. The guys with me are my brother and his mates, who are currently touring New Zealand.

The pictures are:

1. The before picture!
    2. On the way up...
    3. At the top....
    4. Coming down!!
    5. The aftermath!
    Attached Images Attached Images

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

So you made it at last and with a free T shirt! But where's the MoveToNZ placard to put on the Challenge thread?

Good to hear you enjoyed it and now you know what your clothes feel like in the washing machine.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Blog Entries

Unfortunately you don't get to keep the t-shirts - they are just borrowed to save your clothes getting wet!

Absolutely amazing, would recommend it to anyone - next time you visit MB, YOU'RE coming

KiwiHopeful is offline God like figure

I see they issue you uni's for your trip. Why not just wear your dirty laundry, then hang it out on the bottom?
    EOI Submitted: July 20, 2006
    EOI Selected: August 2, 2006
    ITA Received: October 12, 2006
    ITA Submitted: February 2, 2007
    Migrant Levy Paid & Visas Shipped: June 6, 2007
    Arrived in NZ: July 26th, 2007
    Leaving NZ: June 1st, 2008

Blog Entries

Hmmm, not a bad idea KH

In an effort to save water, one of the guys I was with did suggest they all scrub their armpits on the way down to save having a shower later

I can only assume they make the water soapy to make it more slippery for the people inside the ball (and hence more fun!). You sure can't stand up inside for more than a second or two once you're on your way down that hill!

The closest I came to an injury was when I go kneed in the mouth by my brother whilst trying to pull me into the ball - you have to kinda dive in through a little tube to get into it. Coming out of the ball at the end is probably the most fun thing for the people watching, it's a very undignified process. You have to slide out feet first and plop onto the ground in the midst of a load of water - Taffy said it looked like a cow giving birth

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Welshgirl View Post
    You have to slide out feet first and plop onto the ground in the midst of a load of water - Taffy said it looked like a cow giving birth
    Yes I can well imagine the scene.

Are only two people allowed in together? I'd think there would be more risk of getting an elbow in the eye if there were more in there.

And what about motion sickness? I'm wondering if I'd be taking on more than would be physically comfortable if I went in one. Probably wouldn't need the soapy water. Apologies to anyone having their lunch or tea or maybe even their breakfast, sitting at the PC.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Blog Entries

I think the maximum number of people per ball is 3, but I could be wrong. We just split into pairs as there were 6 of us.

You can also do a dry zorb and you can choose to be harnessed into the ball or not. If you are harnessed, apparently it's a lot more bumpy. When you're not harnessed, you tend to slide around the ball and stay at the bottom, but when you're harnessed in, you have to roll which ever way the ball goes and you feel every bump - that's for next time

I didn't get any motion sickness but then I have strong stomach - you could always try the under 6 zorbing, where you just roll around on flat ground, you know, break you in gently!

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

That ball would have been full of sick if that was me! God knows what I would have looked like sliding out of the thing when it had finished, covered in puke. You really must have a strong stomach WG. Zorbing will definitely not be on my list of things to do. Gary and Charlie were well up for it though. I'll be sick just watching them!!
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Bermy Girl is offline Senior Member

Talking Sounds Great!

I'm definitely up for trying that one! You and me MB, I'll go with you! Love things like this, I saw it while I was in NZ in March, but I had my toddler son with me, so I wasn't able to go. But this time in July when I come back with ShellBda, I'd love to try it...not so sure if she'd be up for it though...not sure it's her thing! I've done so many things in NZ, that I have never done anywhere else...so many firsts...skydiving, parapenting, white water rafting, luging, climbing glaciers...that's what I love so much about the country...that and the people!! I can't wait to move there...

ShellBda is offline Oh Masterful One

Okay, the only way I am getting in there is if I can take Dave AND Dan in there with me. Soap you say???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast